Do you suffer from peeling skin on feet? Do you know what causes dry scaly feet? Discover the main causes of peeling feet, how to treat peeling skin on feet in this write up. Your peeling skin on feet can go away in a matter of three weeks.
Peeling Skin on Feet
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Peeling skin on feet is less common than cracked feet. However, it does occur in the same people with cracked feet. Cracked heels treatment should take care of the peeling skin on feet if the cause is nothing major such as an underlying autoimmune condition. The only way to find out the cause of your peeling is to have a doctor examine you. Book an appointment with a doctor after trying some of the home remedies highlighted here because what could be causing your skin on feet to peel could be nothing major, but minor.
It can be tempting to want to pull out the skin on your feet. Nevertheless, avoid tearing the skin away as it could lead to an even greater infection. If you can manage to cut, the piece of skin with scissors it would be better instead as long as the skin is not causing you pain. What causes the skin on your feet to peel and how can you treat it easily at home? Read on to find out.
Why Is the Skin on My Feet Peeling? -Main Causes of Feet Peeling
If you have ever asked yourself, why is the skin on my feet peeling? There are many possibilities. The first one is that you have dry feet. The feet are dry in nature. Therefore, they must be moisturized twice in a day in order to keep them soft and supple. Secondly, you could be having a health condition that shows on your feet with peeling. Such conditions include diabetes, psoriasis, and eczema among others. Thirdly, it could be that you have acquired an infection, and mostly fungal in nature.
The next time you ask yourself why is the skin on my feet peeling. Find out if the three possibilities are a reality. You will be able to address your feet problem at the core.
Dry Peeling Skin on Feet Needs Moisture and Exfoliation
When the peeling skin on feet becomes dry, it could be a way of your feet protesting for moisture. Dry peeling skin on feet indicates that moisturizers are hardly used there. Furthermore, the skin needs to be exfoliated. Therefore, the best thing would be to invest in foot creams and lotions that contain alpha hydroxyl acids such as glycol and salicylic acid, which will exfoliate the skin on the feet and moisturize at the same time. They should also contain natural oils such as:
- Olive oil
- Tea tree oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Sandalwood oil
- Lavender oil
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter among others
Peeling Skin on Feet and Toes and Athlete’s Foot
Sometimes the peeling skin is in between the toes and heels as well. Peeling skin on feet and toes has a close relationship with athlete’s foot. This fungal infection thrives in between the toes, but can also extend to the bottom and sides of feet.
In order to treat athlete’s foot effectively, you will have to use antifungal ointments as your moisturizers. Furthermore, your shoes will need to be treated by drying in the sun for long hours to kill the fungus. Baking soda and cornstarch can also be poured inside the shoes to kill any fungus thriving there. You must also avoid:
- Wearing the same pair of shoes for two consecutive days
- Wearing socks more than once without thorough washing and rinsing in hot water and drying under the sun
- Wearing socks made of synthetic materials
- Staying in closed shoes throughout, sometimes change with open shoes so that your feet can get some air
How to Get Rid Of Peeling Skin on Feet by Soaking
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
It is possible to get rid of peeling skin on feet by soaking. Soaking feet is good for dry skin and it can also help you exfoliate the peeling skin easily. This treatment is suitable for all types of peeling skin on feet. However, when it comes to the exfoliation part, those who are diabetic should not use an emery file, pumice stone or tough brush bristles to scrub their feet.
Any injury on a diabetic could turn fatal. If you must scrub the peeling skin as a diabetic, use a soft cloth and do it gently. How to get rid of peeling skin on feet by soaking:
- Warm some water and pour in a basin large enough to contain your feet
- Add some vinegar to the water or betadine if you have a fungal infection
- Immerse your feet in the solution and stay there for 10 minutes
- Remove the feet one by one and exfoliate using a pumice stone, brush, emery file or soft cloth
- Rinse your feet and dry them completely including between the toes
- Moisturize the feet with a foot cream or lotion while avoiding the toes. For peeling skin in between toes, use foot powder to keep the area extra dry.
- Wear cotton socks overnight and during the day wear cotton, acrylic and wool to wick moisture from your feet.
Scaly Feet and Dry Scaly Feet Home Remedies
Dry scaly feet home remedies are inexpensive and are always available because they make use of groceries in the house. You can treat your scaly feet at home and the flaky feet will never come back. However, you must be persistent and diligent in order to see the disappearance of the flaky skin.
The first home remedy for dry scaly feet involves eating right. You must boost your immune system with green leafy vegetables, fruits of all color types, different types of proteins and carbohydrates all in balanced quantities. Furthermore, drink lots of water to hydrate your body including the skin organ. If you cannot stand the tastelessness of water, add some lemon juice to give it some flavor so that you can manage two liters in a day.
Once you have dealt with the inside, you can move to the external treatment of scaly feet with home remedies. The common home remedies applied on peeling skin on feet include:
- A paste of honey mixed with sea salt and olive oil. Apply this paste for 15 minutes on feet after soaking and rinse it off with warm water.
- Natural yogurt, live culture yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which does a superb job in exfoliating scaly feet. If you have it in the house, do your feet a favor and apply some for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Foot soaks should not be limited with vinegar, betadine, Listerine solutions, but also lemon juice and milk should be added to add moisture to the feet. Other foot soaks include in tea, baking soda and cinnamon footbath.
- Apply cucumber on the feet to take care of the dry scaly feet. Cucumber is packed with nutrients and water from a plant source.
- Crush a clove or two of garlic and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Rub this paste on feet and rinse it after 15 minutes. If fungal infection is the cause of your scaly feet, it will sting for sometime. You can also choose to sleep with the paste overnight, however, wear plastic bags before wearing socks to avoid staining them.
Suggested Further Reading
- Skin Peeling – Causes, Disease, on Mouth, Nose, Eyelid, Hands and Feet
- Skin Peeling on Fingers, Hands and Between Fingers
- Newborn Skin Peeling – Why, Infant or Baby Skin Peeling
- Skin Peeling on Face and How to Get Rid of It
- Skin Peeling on Fingertips – Why, Dry, Cracked and Causes
- Skin Peeling between Toes and Peeling on Toes
- How to Stop Skin from Peeling, Prevent and Keep Skin from Peeling
- Sunburn Skin Peeling – Skin Peeling After Sunburn and How to Stop
- Peeling Skin on Hands – Why, Dry Peeling Hands, Fingers, Palm
- Peeling Feet – Causes, Dry Peeling Feet, Itchy, Cracked and Treatment
- Bottom of Feet Peeling Causes, in Children and Toes