There are many reasons why you would want to lighten your skin. In some instances, the need is urgent and one seeks to find out ways on how to lighten skin fast. Is it possible to lighten the skin overnight, in a day or in a week? Are there options on how to lighten black skin?
How to Lighten Your Skin – How to Lighten Your Skin Tone or Color
The presence of acne scars, aging spots and sun spots may lead one to want to lighten their skin. The most appropriate method in each case is normally different. There are various factors to consider before committing to any form of treatment. Ensure that you can afford the recommended treatment regimen. Also consider how much time you are willing to dedicate to the process. Above all, whichever the method one settles for, it should be effective.
In case you are not pleased by how your skin looks, there are a number of ways on how to lighten your skin. These could either be done at home or in the dermatologist’s office. They all work but in different ways and thus take different time duration to be effective.
If you are looking for ways on options on how to lighten your skin without incurring too many expenses, home remedies for skin lightening are what to go for. These are normally readily available and cheap. Home treatments require that one is consistent in using the regimen until results are seen. This may take a while. Among some of the home treatments include:
Turmeric: This spice has skin lightening properties. It inhibits production of melanin making the skin lighter. Mix turmeric powder with olive oil and apply the resulting paste on the skin. Leave it on to rest for 20 minutes after which you rinse it off. This should be done twice in a week until desired results are achieved. Any staining that the skin gets should wear off within no time.
Raw potatoes, tomatoes and cucumbers: These will mildly bleach the skin since they contain ascorbic acid. Cut a whole raw remedy of your choice into reasonable sizes. Rub this on the skin until it feels dry. Let the juice rest for some time before rinsing it off. You could also blend them and apply the paste.
Aloe vera: This soothes the skin and can help ease redness as well as facilitate fading of discoloration. Through its moisturizing abilities, it helps to rejuvenate the skin. Simply apply aloe gel on the skin and leave it on for some time. The best gel is the one extracted directly from the leaves of aloe.
Topical Application Treatments
There are many products available for skin lightening which can help you achieve the skin tone you desire. Most of these are available over the counter although there also are stronger ones that can only be accessed if one has a prescription.
Lightening creams, gels, lotions and serums are abundant in the market. These come with manufacturer instructions which have to be followed for one to achieve desired results. While some are made for specific skin types and color shades, there are some that will work on any type of skin. Finding out whether they are suitable for you is therefore important. Although they are generally safe, any irritation on the skin should be a warning sign. Discontinue usage when this happens.
Lightening soaps: These are as well meant for topical use. They contain active ingredients that slough the top skin layer as well as inhibit melanin production. Among ingredients contained in them are arbutin, kojic acid, alpha hydroxy acid and glycolic acid. Placenta soaps and glutathione soaps are also effective.
Retinoids: These are products that contain the acidic form of Vitamin A. they help to exfoliate the skin as well as speed up the cell turnover and are a great way on how to lighten your skin. They also are quite effective in evening out fine lines and wrinkles.
The result is a lighter skin with no blemishes. Since this form of treatment can cause redness and dry the skin, it is best to apply them at night and ensure you wear sunscreen during the day. This will protect the sensitive skin from sun damage. To get retinoids, a prescription is necessary. Be sure to visit your dermatologist for one.
Medical treatments: There are medical procedures that one can settle for to lighten their skin. Most of these are expensive but work fast. These are therefore the option for you if you are looking for a fast way on how to lighten your skin. For the procedure to be safe and effective, the treatments are best done by qualified medical personnel. The procedures include chemical peels, laser treatments, dermabrasion and surgery. Injections and peels are also available for the same purposes.
How to Lighten Skin Fast
For ways on how to lighten skin fast, it is best to opt for medical procedures for skin lightening. These are many and they can enable one achieve up to five shades lighter. This can be achieved within no time but one has to organize for some time off for recovery.
Chemical peels: These are quite effective in skin lightening. They get rid of the top skin layer and thus get rid of the dark skin pigmentation. How lighter one becomes depends on the strength of the chemical peel used. More than one treatment session may be necessary to achieve the desired skin tone. Once the process is over, the skin becomes sensitive. One may be required to stay away from the sun as well as wear sunscreen to protect it.
Dermabrasion: This method works in the same manner as the chemical peels. The only difference is that in dermabrasion, the skin is sanded through mechanical means. As the skin heals, a better skin is revealed that is lighter and free from blemishes
How to Lighten Your Skin Overnight or In a Day
There are times when circumstances may require that we get a quick solution to our skin issues. When you are having an important occasion, it is possible to wonder how to lighten your skin in a single day or overnight.
Home remedies for use at night can help achieve desired results. Apply lemon juice, aloe vera or honey on the skin and sleep on it. These products will work on the skin to ensure you wake up to a new skin that is brighter and lighter.
How to Lighten Your Skin in a Week
Mild chemical peels can help one achieve a skin tone that is lighter within a week. Since it only takes a few days for the skin to peel, it is possible to have recovered within a week. Stronger chemical peels may exfoliate the skin within a week but more recovery time is necessary. Where one wants to lighten their skin and be in a position to venture out within a week, mild peels would do.
How to Lighten Black Skin – How to Lighten Your Skin for Black People
There are many skin lightening creams that are suitable for black people. Black skin may require products that are of higher strength to get lighter. Compared to people with lighter skin shades, black people require more treatments as well. They may not necessarily become white but will be lighter from given treatments.
Among some of the products for use on how to lighten black skin would be Obagi Nu-derm Clear, Porcelana and Esoterica. These are available in most drugstores. Products that contain hydroquinone could work well. These though should only contain up to two percent of it. Anything beyond this is dangerous and not allowed. Products containing mercury are to be avoided at all costs as they are linked with cancer.
Recommended Reading Lightening Your Skin
- Best Lightening Cream For Dark Skin, Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
- Lightening Creams for Black Women, Darker Skin, Porcelana and Derma E Reviews
- Are there Best Pills that Make Skin Lighter – Best Pills for Permanent and for Black People
- How Can You Naturally Make Your Skin Lighter – Products, Lighters and Cream
- Which Best Soaps Will Lighten Your Skin – Kojie San, Natural and for Dark People
- How to Naturally Lighten Skin with Lemon, Milk and Dark Skin
- Did Beyonce Lighten Her Skin – Before and After, Rihanna’s, African American
- Best Skin Lightening Products, Lotions and Serums that Work
- Treatment, Procedure, Surgery, Injections and Vitamins C for Lightening of Skin
- Lightening of Skin Before and After, Forum and Permanently Lightened Skin
See What We Have on Skin Bleaching
- Sammy Sosa Bleached His Skin VYBZ Kartel Skin Bleaching – Before and After
- Did Beyonce Bleach Her Skin? Beyonce Bleached Skin Before and After
- Celebrity Skin Bleaching – Rihanna, Jamaica and Kim
- Face Bleach, Body Bleach and Skin Bleaching Surgery
- Best Skin Bleaching Creams – African Americans, Face, Vantex, Othine and Piona
- Skin Bleaching Cream – For African American, Best for Black Skin
- Skin Bleach – Best, Before and After and Skin Bleach Cream
- Natural Skin Bleaching or Homemade, Recipes and Cream for Bleaching Your Skin
- Best Skin Bleaching Products that Are Safe Including Lotion, Soap and Pills
- Which Are the Best kin Bleaching Soap and Skin Bleaching Pills that Works
- Best Skin Bleaching Methods, Before and After Bleaching Looks
See What We Have on Skin Whitening
- How to Whiten Your Skin Naturally, Fast and Overnight for those with Darker or Uneven Skin
- Best Whitening of Skin Before and After Looks As well As, Asian, Permanent, Japanese and Korean
- Home Remedies for whitening of skin Pigment as Well as Injections, Laser and Masks
- Forever and Glutathione for Making Darker Skins Whiter Review
- Best Lotions, Products to Make Your Skin Lighter Including Best Korean and Asian Products
- Best skin Whitening Soap Include Papaya, Glutathione, What Can People with Black Skin or Dark Spots Use
- Best Skin Whitening Pills, Reviews, That Work and for Black People
- Best Creams to Whiten Skin on Your For Face, Armpits, Body
- Does Dermaline, St Dalfour, Ponds and Ashe Whitening Creams Help Dark or Pigmented Skin