Learn how to get rid of dry skin on face in order to keep your face supple, vibrant and healthy. Here, you will learn how to fix your face fast (overnight) by removing the dry flaky skin, exfoliating, using face masks to clear that red, peeling dry skin off your cheeks, near eyes and generally all over your face.
How to Get Rid Of Dry Skin on Face Fast
Does your face feel tight after washing or a shower? Then this might be an indication that you are suffering from dry skin. Itching is also an indication of dry skin. So what causes dry skin ?
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
As the thinnest organ in the whole body, the skin is very fragile and susceptible to mechanical and chemical damage. One problem experienced by a considerable number of people is dry, flaky skin on the face. It is not only an unpleasant experience, but it can also get embarrassing when you have to walk around with a peeling facial skin-literally.
This is very likely to happen in the cold months of winter when there is usually less humidity, but it can as well be experienced at any other time of the year.
Here are a few tips to help you get rid of dry skin on face overnight.
- Use warm rather than hot water to shower and wash your face. How water causes your skin to dry out by losing its precious moisture. On hot days, splash some cold water on your face as soon as you get home to cool down your skin and minimize the time heat lingers on your face.
- Use mild cleansers: if you have a dry skin on the face, you should consider doing away with normal soaps as they are often too harsh (contains sodium lauryl sulfate which dehydrates the skin) and instead using a mild cleanser specifically designed for use on the face. You should also consider using fragrance-free cleansers as those with fragrances often have alcohols which also dehydrates the face. Cleansers with ceramides are very good for dry skin as it keep more moisture.
- Apply moisturizers: after washing your face, you should consider applying a moisturizing lotion or cream on your face. This is best done when the skin is still moist. If you are not sure what product to use, go for a good cream or lotion specifically designed for the face. If you already use a moisturizer but still have a dry skin on the face, you should look for an alternative product with ceramides, shea butter, glycerin or stearic acid.
- Keep your face protected: it is also great idea to protect your face from drying elements as much as possible. For example you should use sunscreen with an SPF of not less than 30 if you have to be outdoors in the sun for long and use a scarf to protect yourself from the harsh weather in winter. Applying a petroleum jelly such as Vaseline also helps to keep your skin protected.
- Use a humidifier: Dry air in your house is one of the typical causes of skin dryness especially in winter and at night. It is thus a great idea to run a humidifier in your bedroom as you sleep at night to prevent excessive drying of the air. The humidifier also adds moisture to your skin. Humidity level of bout 50 percent is great.
How to Get Rid Of Dry Flaky Skin on Face
With some targeted skin care practices, you can get rid of dry, flaky skin on the face in just a short while. Here are a few tips that will walk you through the path you need to take to achieve that precious, smooth skin that you greatly desire:
You should consider exfoliating your skin several times each week. To do this, use a baby’s wash cloth dipped in warm water to scrub your face gently in small circular motions. This helps to remove the flaky skin. A baby washcloth is specifically preferred as it is typically gentle and softer than regular washcloths and is thus very unlikely to irritate your skin.
Avoid dehydrating products
You should also choose your facial cleansers very carefully to ensure that they don’t have dehydrating ingredients that could worsen the dryness in your skin. In particular you should avoid sodium lauryl sulfate and isopropyl stearate. Most products labeled “moisturizing” will in most cases be appropriate for you. It is also a great idea to avoid products with dyes and fragrances.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
Use milk face mask
A whole milk face mask is a great home remedy for healing dryness in the skin and if you have dry, flaky skin, you should consider applying it for 10 to 15 minutes. The natural fat found in milk has a strong moisturizing effect on the skin and the lactic acid in it is also a kind of a mild cleaners.
If applying a milk face mask is too much work for you, you can just use a baby washcloth dipped in milk to apply it on your face. This will not only cleanse but also moisturize your skin. To remove the flaky skin however, you need to lay the baby washcloth soaked in milk on your skin for 10-15 minutes.
Moisturize after washing
Another great way to get rid of dry and flaky skin on your face is to apply a thick moisturizing lotion to your skin immediately after bathing, when the skin is still moist. It is a good practice to moisturize your face at least two times every day.
Use a biweekly Aloe Vera face mask
An Aloe Vera face mask also works great in healing a dry, flaky skin. All you need to do is to apply fresh Aloe Vera on your face for ten to fifteen minutes before washing the face with warm water.
How to Get Rid of Dry Peeling Skin on Face
If you have dry peeling skin, most of the tips discussed above on this page should work just as fine to get rid of it. The overall idea is to get your dry peeling skin moisturized while protecting it against the causal elements for dryness.
Getting Rid of Red Dry Skin on Face
Red dry skin on face can be an indication of exposure to harsh environmental condition leading to loss of moisture or underlying ailments such as rosacea or eczema. Most of the tips discussed above will help restore skin moisture and thus get rid of the redness but should it be so persistent, you should consider seeing your doctor.