Nose surgery is one of the most sought after surgical procedures. Below is a lowdown of everything you need to learn about including before and after pictures to give you some insight into the possibilities achievable as well as a breakdown of the recovery process.
Understading Nose Surgery or Nose Plastic Surgery
Before and After Pictures
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Sometimes referred to as rhinoplasty, nose plastic surgery, or nose reshaping, nose surgery is a surgical procedure typically used to aesthetically improve the appearance and proportion of the nose, and thus improve your facial harmony.
The procedure can also be used to correct and reconstruct the form, or restore the functions of the nose after incidents such as nasal injury (from a blast, blunt object, or a penetrating object). Nose plastic surgery may also be required to correct breathing problems associated with structural defects such as deviated septum.
It may as well be needed to reverse or improve upon the results of a primary rhinoplasty procedure. A nose surgery can be performed by an otolaryngologist i.e. ear, nose, throat (ENT) specialist, a plastic surgeon, or a maxillofacial surgeon (jaw, face, and neck specialist).
During the surgery, the nasal skin and the underlying soft tissues are separated from the osseo-cartilaginous nasal framework and once corrected as needed, the incisions made are sutured before applying a stent or a packing to keep the nose immobilized as the incision wound heals.
When done for aesthetic purposes, patients typically require:
- Reduction of the size of the nose in relation to overall face, thus creating a sense of harmony
- Altered nasal bridge width and position
- Removal or improvement of nose bumps and depressions
- Improvement of nasal tip when they feel that it is either too large ( is $4,545 based on 2013 statistics. It is however worth noting at this point that the above average price doesn’t factor in other costs such as anesthesia, operating room facility, post-surgery garments, prescription medications, medical tests and other related costs that you may incur.
This might explain the slight discrepancy observed between the average cost provided by The American Society of Plastic Surgeons ($4,545) and the one provided by the Real Self Community ($6,950) which bases its calculations on the costs incurred by actual nose surgery patients.
While it is only natural to want to get the best prices, remember that nose plastic surgery cost is just one part of the equation. You as well need to feel free and comfortable working with the surgeon you choose.
You will also want to check some before and after pictures for patients he or she has worked with in the past to get an idea of the kind of results you can expect. Above all, ensure that the surgeon you choose is board-certified.
Cases of nose surgery gone wrong are not unheard of. They happen every now and then and some even end up in in legal corridors.
One case of nose plastic surgery gone wrong that got the most media attention is that of Vishal Thakkar whose procedure went so bad that he ended up losing his nose – breathing through a straw – 22 surgeries down the line.
It all started in 2006 when his first nose job got him bleeding so often that he had to undergo several surgeries the culmination of them all being one done in 2011 after a serious infection. Given the situation at hand, Angelo Cuzalina, MD, his surgeon, had to cut off his nose while he was unconscious; I can only imagine the shock Vishal got when he woke up.
Such horrible case of failed procedures gone wrong aside, patients often find that they didn’t get the results they desired or would at all desire, but there is always the possibility of getting a secondary surgery.
All in all, you can increase the chances of success with the very first nose plastic surgery by ensuring that you get a board certified plastic surgeon and you still take a look at his before and after pictures to see the kind of result you can expect from him/her.
Recommended Reading on Surgery of the Nose
- Nose Surgery Costs, Recovery, Before and After Pictures & Reduction
- Nose Surgery Types, MOHS, Broken, Crooked and Korean
Further Suggested Reading on Rhinoplasty
- What is Rhinoplasty, Procedure, Risks, Pictures and Rhinoplasty Gone Wrong
- Open and Closed Rhinoplasty – Cost, Recovery, Before and After
- Asian Rhinoplasty Cost, Before and After, Male and Specialists
- Non Surgical Rhinoplasty – Cost, What Is, Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost – How Much Does Rhinoplasty Cost, Average Cost
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty – Best, Cost, Surgeons, NYC, Los Angeles
- Male Rhinoplasty, Women and Celebrity Rhinoplasty – Cost, Before and After
- Revision Rhinoplasty – Specialist, Best Surgeons, Cost and Recovery
- Rhinoplasty Recovery – Timeline, Revision, Photos and Tips
Suggested Reading on Nose Job
- Best Nose Jobs, Good, Surgeons, Cost of Good Nose Jobs
- Should I Get a Nose Job, What is it & which Male Celebs with Nose Jobs
- Nose Job Simulator & Virtual Nose Job – Online and Free
- African American Nose Job, Black and Korean Nose Job
- Nose Job Recovery – Recovery Time, How Long
- Bad Nose Jobs and Nose Jobs Gone Wrong – Before, After and Worst