I have a pimple in my nose, what should I do? Whether you have a pimple on the tip or inside your nose, you deserve to know, not only how to get rid of it but also what causes it. We have all that and a lot more including pimple in nose meaning, cystic pimple on nose and much more.
Pimples in the nose are not usually the same as those on other parts of the surface of the skin. It is usually as a result of folliculitis which is caused by infection of hair follicles in the nostrils. Mostly it is as a result of bacterial imbalances which could be triggered by a number of factors.
Pimple on Nose Meaning
When they occur on the nose, pimples could indicate underlying problems in the body system. Those that form near the nose but close to the eyes could indicate poor functioning of the liver. They could also indicate insomnia, stress and restlessness.
Pimples on the tip of the nose could be as a result of a faulty digestive system. This makes the skin to lack important nutrients.
Appearance of pimples on the sides of the nose also known as wings of the nose could be indicative of changes in reproductive and cardiovascular systems. They are likely to appear on this part of the nose on people who lead a passive life and move very little. These will result in poor blood circulation which causes pimples to appear on the side of the nose.
Why Do I get Pimples in my Nose – Causes of Pimple in Nose
Pores inside a nose can get infected or inflamed causing painful pimples. Knowing the causes will help to manage them. Apart from the above discussed factors that could be associated with pimples on various parts of the nose, below we discuss the causes of pimples inside the nose.
When nose pores block: The nose provides a perfect ground for breeding of bacteria because it is always moist and wet. These then cause pimples inside the nose. Pimples inside a nose are hard to treat because the environment cannot be changed.
To help take care of it, clean the nostrils using a cotton swab that has been dipped in an astringent. This will breakdown the bacteria and prevents formation of newer pimples.
Nose Picking: The nerve endings inside a nose are sensitive and can be damaged by frequent insertion of fingers into your nose. This leads to scratches and broken capillaries which if left untreated manifest themselves in the form of painful pimples.
Hair Removal: If scissors are used to trim hair in the nose, tiny nicks could result. These could get infected and erupt as a pimple if they are not removed. Hair follicles could also grow and block the pores. This irritates the skin causing pimples. To treat these, the hair has to be removed for healing to start.
Environmental irritants: There are a lot of chemicals irritants and dust debris in the air. These can easily be absorbed by cells on the lining of the nose causing pimples to form after hours of exposure.
Excessive use of Antibiotics: Too much use of antibiotics could kill the good bacteria in the nose. Those that are left behind are bad ones that could cause infections which manifest in the form of pimples.
Big Pimple on Nose
Big pimples on nose if well-handled will disappear with no time but if carelessly handled they will end up scarring. Since these are most conspicuous, it is important to treat them as soon as they appear and in the most subtle way one can.
Pimple on tip of Nose – Pimple on Nose Tip
Pimples on a nose’s tip are quite conspicuous too. They can get unsightly if severe. Since they are hard to conceal, recurrent occurrence could cause a low in self-esteem in young adults. Knowing how to get rid of them would be important.
Pimple in My Nose – Pimple in Nose
Pimples in nose are mostly caused by ingrown hairs. They get trapped beneath the surface of the skin causing irritation and infection. If left untreated, ingrown pimples on the nose can get inflamed and scar. To get rid of them and avoid scarring, it is important to treat them as they appear.
Pimples inside the nose are difficult to treat because of their location and often can take several days to heal. One therefore has to be proactive and consistent to get rid of them.
Cystic Pimple on Nose:
Cystic pimples on nose are caused by trauma on already swollen hair follicles. They cause a lot of pain. The skin trauma and abrasions make the skin cells to be blocked. This then leads to the rapture of the sebaceous glands. What results is an inflammation disorder of the skin, which is what causes cystic pimples.
How to Get Rid of Pimple in Nose
Pimples in nose or nose can be quite conspicuous. There are no quick remedies to them but one can employ certain techniques to reduce their visibility in the most economical and healthy way. We discuss how below.
- They should be cleaned at least two times in a day using warm water. A mild facial cleanser could also do. This removes oil, bacteria and dirt around it. This way it will not worsen and the skin will remain clean thus prevent recurrence.
- The hands are always full of bacteria. To avoid more breakouts do not touch the pimples with bare hands. Squeezing and picking the spot causes scarring. No matter how attractive touching it may feel, it should not be done. Doing this and then touching other parts of the face spreads bacteria to other parts of the face thus increasing the number of pimples on it.
- To reduce the size of the pimple, use an anti-bacterial face wash. Using tea tree based products works well when applied on the face twice daily. It effectively removes dust and bacterial infection thus reducing the size of the pimple quickly.
- For inflamed pimples, use apple cider vinegar or lemon on it. This takes down the inflammation. It should be dabbed on the affected area to soothe it.
- Applying ice on the nose pimple can also help to reduce swelling. Wrap it on a piece of cloth as putting it directly may burn the skin. Do this at intervals of thirty minutes using a new piece each time.
- Applying lemon juice onto the nose pimple helps to dry the area. This is as a result of the acidic ingredients found in lemon juice which kill the bacteria. They also dry up the place ensuring that the bacteria do not return.
Suggested Further Reading:
- Nose Twitching – Cause, Meaning, Superstition & How to Stop
- Nose Picking & How to Stop Picking Your Nose
- Nose Pain – On Nose Bridge, Inside Broken Nose Pain
- Itchy Nose – Meaning, Superstition, Myth, Relief & Runny
- Cold Sores in Nose – Causes, Pictures, Treatment and Home Remedies
- Sores in Nose that Won’t Heal – Causes & What to Do
- Scab in Nose Causes, Bloody, Painful Scabs in Nose that Won’t Go
- Swollen Nasal Passages Causes, Allergies, Treatment & Medicine
- Swollen Nose – Causes, Red, On Bridge, Nose Tip and During Pregnancy
- Nose Bridge – Piercing, Sore, Painful & Surgery
- Dry Nose Symptoms, Remedies, Treatments, Dry Skin on Nose
- Causes of Redness around Nose and How to Get Rid of Redness Around Nose