Are you looking for the best matte lipsticks? Get top matte lipstick brands (like NYX, Revlon) as well as some popular color shades such as black matte, pink matte, red and dark red matte, coral and cheap matte lipsticks. You will also learn how to wear and how to make matte lipsticks.
Revlon Super Lustrous™ Matte Lipstick Looks
What Is Matte Lipstick?
Matte lipsticks are a kind of lipsticks that does not have lustre, shine or any light reflecting particles. These lipsticks have been in existence from the early 1900s. They generally create subtler looks especially if you go for neutral matter and that come in matte form. There are many others.
Red and Dark Red Matte Lipstick – Top Brands
If you need red and dark red matte lipsticks, there are quite a number in the market since . If you are looking for the best black matte lipsticks, some of the leading brands you should consider going for include:
- Stargazer Lipstick 110 Matte Black
- Lord & Berry Vogue Matte Lipstick in Black Red
- Illamasqua’s “Pristine” Lipstick
- L.A. Colors Matte-lipstick in “Blackberry”
- Ben Nye Lipstick BLACK (Matte)
- Mac Matte Black Lipstick
Cheap Matte Lipstick – Cheapest
If you are particularly interested in cheap matte lipstick, you need to be careful not to go for inferior quality while trying to save. Some of the best cheap matte lipsticks you should consider buying that all cost below 15$ include the following:
- Wet N Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick $1.99
- Revlon Matte Lipstick $8
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Muse $9.99
- Maniac Mat Long Wearing Matte Lipstick $12
If you are thinking that these prices are high, you need to know that these are indeed some of the cheap matte lipsticks. Other brands go for as high as $40.
How to Wear Matte Lipsticks – Tips and Steps
How to Wear Matte Lipsticks – Tips and Steps
If you want the most natural and fresh looks, ensure you wear matte lipsticks. We are going to discuss something small on how to wear matte lipsticks for best looks.
Glossy lipsticks can make you look juvenile or in a partying mood. They are not good for some of the very official daytime functions, especially if you love the bold makeup. However, by turning to matte lipsticks, you can still look great without having to look casual. So how do you wear matte lipsticks?
- Begin by exfoliating your lips to remove the dry and dead skin from your lips.
- Hydrate your lips using a
- Apply your lip liner to avoid feathering and lipstick bleeding. See more on lip liner including best brands, how to wear, tips etc.
- Apply lipstick using your finger, straight from tube or using a brush and you are done. You need to apply enough lipstick and evenly on your lips since pursing it might not help much in spreading it evenly since they are not very oily.
However if you have a lipstick that is not matte, you will need to follow the below
extra steps for perfect looks:
- After applying the lipstick, blot it lightly with a tissue paper or kiss someone.
- Pat a powder lightly i.e. a translucent setting powder using a powder brush. Do not apply too much as it will not look good.
- Since the loose powder will make your lipstick dull, you are free to add another coat of lipstick
If you have a shiny lipstick, you can make it to get the matte appearance by either blotting in between each coat, apply using foundation or apply the lipstick and dabbing a matching powder blush or eyeshadow powder.
How to Make Matte Lipstick
While discussion on how to make matte lipstick, we will not go to the details but just mention a few things about making this lipstick. Otherwise, see on for a more clear coverage on the subject.
- To make matte lipstick, you will mix blush and about 4 tablespoons of lip balm or petroleum jelly and mix them thoroughly until they form a gel. The amount of blush powder to add will be depended on the intensity of color you need.
- Put your lipstick into a small lip balm container and you are done.
You are through with the steps on how to make matte lipsticks. Enjoy your new lipstick.
The Most Popular Lipstick Colors
- Best Red Lipstick – Cheap, Dark, Apple, Bright, Deep, Blood, Cherry, Brick and Jungle Shades
- How to Wear Red Lipstick – Tips to Put on, Apply, Make, Wearing Red Lipsticks
- Best Dark Lipstick – How to Wear, Glow in the Dark, Trend, Tips, Dark Lipstick Looks
- How to Wear Black Lipsticks- Best Brands, Cheap, Radiance, Opal, Cherry, Honey, Almost Black
- Best Orange Lipstick –Neon, Bright, Burnt, Orange Red & How to Wear Orange Lipsticks
More Lipstick Colors
- Lipstick Colors & Shades for Fair Skin, Brunettes, Blondes, Brown, Tan, Black Women
- Green Lipstick Including Mint, Dark, Lime, How to Wear, Green that Turns Pink or Reds
- Best Plum Lipstick Brands – Dark, Deep, Light Shades, Matte, How to Wear
- Best Peach Lipstick – Matte, Light, Dark, Nude, Coral & Peachy Colored Lipsticks
More Topics in Lipsticks
- Best Long Lasting Lipstick – Red, Pure Color, Natural Most Long Lasting Lipsticks
- Lipstick Case With Mirror, Vintage, double, Antique, Leather, Coach, Wholesale Lipstick Cases
- Lead in Lipstick – Lead Free Lipstick Brands and List of Lipsticks with Lead