Are you looking for info on how to make lip balm at home? Learn the steps, ways, tutorial, best recipes on how to make lip balm with Beeswax, SPF, Vaseline, Honey, coconut oil as well as balms for kids, vegan, that are natural, organic and much more. You will get important tips, ideas and secrets too. While looking at how to make lip balm at home, we are going to answer the following basic questions:
How to make Organic or Natural Lip balm
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
- What is a lip balm?
- How do lip balms work?
- What are the general ingredients present in lip balms?
- How do you make lip balm with beeswax, Vaseline, honey, coconut oil or with SPF?
- Can you make lip balms for kids?
- How do you make , how to make lip balm with honey, coconut, for kids, with SPF and how to make vegan lip balm.
To make everything easy, we will mention the general steps for making lip balms at home before looking at specific best recipes. This will ensure you can make any lip balm provided you know the ingredients you need.
The general procedure for making lip balm is easy and straightforward. It also requires basic ingredients, which are readily available. There are also many easy recipes for making lip balm, which you can follow. It takes about 10 minutes to make your own lip balms and you stand a chance to save money, control ingredients present, add or blend special ingredients you like.
When making any kind of lip balm, the general homemade lip balm recipe is to ensure you put three parts of carrier oil, one part of beeswax (or Carnauba wax or vegans) i.e. without including butter in your calculation since they are in solid form at room temperature, and about eight essential oils drops to 1 oz or while it is still hot. If it happens to cool too quickly, you can gently re-melt it in your double boiler.
- Let your lip balm cool completely before you cap the or any other colorant including the natural colorants.
- Add flavor using the various essential oils or juices such as cranberry, orange or lemon juices.
- Mix thoroughly, poor it into your lip balm container and let it cool.
How Make Natural Lip Balm – How to Make Organic Lip Balm
The general procedure for making , each weight a ¼ oz. You will use 1 oz of apricot kernel or sweet almond oil and the same amount of shear butter, cocoa, sunflower oil, olive (or avocado oil) and 1 ½ oz beeswax. You will then add about 30 to 40 drops of essential oil.
These are not the only lip balm recipes you can make at home. There are many other homemade lip balms, which include:
- Minty Chocolate Recipe
- Coco-Rosey Recipe
- Lavender Recipe
- Vanilla-Rose Lip Balms
- Peppermint-Eucalyptus Lip Balms
- Vanilla-Rose Lip Balms
Essential Oils, Flavors and Fragrance
While looking at the various lip balm recipes, we kept on mentioning essential oils. Not everyone knows exactly what these oils are. We are going to mention something small on essential oils below:
- Cinnamon essential oil – It is used for warming and spicing. It is strong and it should be used in small amounts.
- Clove – spicing, warming, very strong thus should be used sparingly.
- Ginger – It is spicy, exotic and warm. It should be used during winter. Since it is strong, you must use it sparingly.
- Lime and Grapefruit – Gives an uplifting, citrus fresh scent
- Peppermint and spearmint essential oils – It gives refreshing, invigorating, and cooling effect. They should be used sparingly since these oils are very strong.
- Sweet orange – Has an uplifting, sweet, refreshing citrus scent. It blends easily and so well with most of the other oils.
Other common essential oils you should consider include vanilla, lavender,
We have looked at how to make lip balm at home as well as discussed the different types of lip balms you can make at home include the natural lip balm, organic, with honey, with Vaseline, with SPF, for vegans, kids as well as best lip recipes for each. Ensure you try to see which your favorite flavor of essential oils is.
Further Reading on Lip Balms
- Lip Balm Containers, Tins and Pots – Empty Wholesale, Where to Buy Cheap Lip Balm Containers
- Best Tinted Lip Balm including Natural, Red, Sugar, Burt S Bees Tinted Lip Balms
- Organic Lip Balms & Natural Lip Balm – Best Brands, How to Make, Homemade Recipe
Suggested Further Reading on Lip Glosses
- Lip Gloss for Men, Girls, Kids and Best Lip Gloss Brands including Black Lip Gloss
- Get the Best Pink Lip Gloss Shades Including Hot, Baby, Light, Peachy, and Bubblegum
- Best Natural Lips Glosses and How to Make them Including Homemade Recipes
More Work on Type of Lips
- Big lips Meaning, Girls, Men with these Lips and Makeup Tips for Get Bigger Lips
- Small lips Meaning, Girls, Men with Small Lips, Makeup Tips and Small Bumps and Pimple on Lips
- Round Lips Meaning, Makeup Tips for Round Lips Gloss, Balm, NYX, and Makeup for Round Lip
- Thick lips Meaning, People with Thick Lips, Makeup Tips and Thick Upper Black Lips
More Articles on Types Other Lip Makeup
- Best Lip Plumper – Natural, Homemade, Plumping Lip Gloss and How to Make Lip Plumpers
- Best Lip Liner Including Clear, Permanent, Invisible, Waterproof and How to Apply Lip Liners
- Best Lip Moisturizer Including Balms, Glosses, Natural, For Men, Homemade and Tinted