Are you looking for washable hair dyes or colors? This article will give you the meaning, best brands, insight on splat washable hair color and mention something small on how to make washable dyes at home.
What is Washable Hair Dye?
Washable Hair Dye – Mohawk
Washable hair dye refers to a temporary hair dye, which can be applied and removed afterwards without having to re-dye your hair. As the name suggests, you need only to wash them with your shampoo and warm water and they will easily come out.
In terms of usage, they are suitable for people, especially children or kids who want to have their hair dyed and removed after a short period (from a day to a couple of days). For such sceneries, going for permanent hair dyes will not be the best of choices.
Best Brands of Washable Hair Color
If you are looking for the best washable hair dyes and colors, you need to go for the washable hair markers or Splat Washables among other types. Some of the temporary hair dyes will also serve you well since they can also be washed off easily. So what are some of the best washable dyes for hair?
- 125ml Temporary Washable Colour Spray
- Crayola Washable Markers
- Splat Washables Hot 4 Pink, Totally Red, Purple Swag, Electric Blue
- 6 Color Non-toxic Temporary Hair Chalk stick Dye Soft Pastels Kit Washable DIY
From the above list of best washable hair dye brands, you need to know that we did not mention most of the temporary hair dyes and colors since we have separately covered each. See more for temporary hair dye and hair colors for more insight that includes what they are, how to use them, best brands, etc.
Washable Hair Dye for Kids
As mentioned already, going for washable hair dye for kids is a good way of ensuring your kids dyes their hair with any colors, they so wish. Your kids will be able to dye their hairs and in case they want to get rid of the dye, they will simply use shampoos and warm water.
Furthermore, washable dyes for kids are less harmful to your kids and they will not stain their skins, affect their scalps that might be less tolerate, strain their hair, etc.
Of course, washable hair dye for kids is a great ways to let your children enjoy their birthdays, special occasions such as Halloween, Memorial Day etc in a hair color of their choice.
Splat Washables Hair Dye – Using, Colors and Benefits
If you are particularly looking for washable splat hair dye, splat has a wide range of washable colors you can go for. They are easy to use and like the other washable hair dyes, they are temporary hair dyes.
Furthermore, splat washables hair dye do not come in gel formulas and have built in hair conditioners to ensure your hair does not dry and make to re-styling and combing very easy. So what are the main colors that splat washable hair color comes in?
- Splat Washables Electric Blue
- Splat Washables Purple Swag
- Splat Washables Totally Red
- Splat Washables Hot 4 Pink Purple Swag
How to Use Plat Washables Hair Color
To use it, you need to comb it in using small globules, as big ones might not ensure it is evenly distributed (it comes with mascara like wands). However, your hair needs to be completely dry before you begin applying it. When you are done, the dye will dry after a few minutes. Afterwards, you will need to smooth it by brushing your hair.
Finally, you need to finish off using your hair spray to ensure it is not rubbed off. However, you should not use your hair spray before! Of course, you will get directions and instructions on how to apply splat washable hair color the moment you purchase one.
Benefits of Splat Washables Hair Color
This washable hair color or dye is particularly very important since you will easily get rid of it just with to shampoo and water. Furthermore, you will not need to re-dye your hair as in the case of using permanent hair dyes.
Some of the other cons or benefits of splat washable hair dye include:
- They do not stain the skin.
- They cause no or minimal damage to your hair since they have very few chemicals.
- They are easy to remove – with a few washes they come out completely.
- You do not need to bleach your hair as in the case of other permanent hair dyes.
- It will not migrate to your pillow if you decide to have it for a couple of days.
How to Make Washable Hair Dye
There are ways of making washable dyes, which include using your face paint, some food colorings (with a color fastener), etc. Kool Aid Powder and hair mousse, etc. We are not going to the details on how to make washable hair dye.
Most of the ways on how to make washable hair color are much similar to those for making temporary hair colors and dyes.
Further Suggested Reading
- What Are Demi Permanent Hair Colors – Best Brands and How to Remove Them
- Organic hair Dyes Best Insight Including Best Brands, Henna and Natural
- Best Orange Hair Dye Brands Worthwhile Trying
- Foam Hair Color, Dye and Best Brands
- Best Non Permanent Hair Color Brands – Clairol, L’Oreal, Garnier, Nice N’ Easy
- Best Brands of Green Hair Dye Including Dark, Neon, Mint, Lime and Splat
- Best Brands of Silver Hair Dye Permanent and Semi Permanent
- Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye Symptoms, Treatment and Testing
- Turquoise Hair Dye and Hair Color – Best Brands Including Atomic and Semi Permanent
- Ammonia Free Hair Color & Dye – No Ammonia or Best Hair Dyes without Ammonia
- Teal Hair Dye and Hair Color Including Dark and Permanent
- Glow in the Dark Hair Dye, Gels and Color – Best Brands