What are non permanent hair colors? Learn what they are, some of the best brands of nonpermanent hair colors and dyes including Clairol, L’Oreal, Nice and Easy among many others. While looking at each of the non-permanent haircolors types, we will also briefly mention benefits of each.
Non Permanent Hair Color
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
What Is A Non-Permanent Hair Color?
Non permanent hair color or dye refers to any hair dye or color brand that lasts for between 1 and 30 shampoo washes. This hair color will not leave your hair roots and it can be removed much more easily as opposed to the permanent hair dye where a slight mistake such as too dark or light color means you have to remain with it for a long time.
For first timers, it is highly advisable to begin with a nonpermanent dye before they can go for permanent hair color or dye to be sure they like how it looks like.
In terms of types, there are three types of non permanent hair colors i.e. temporary hair dye or color, semi permanent and demi permanent nonpermanent haircolors. Each of these three types of non permanent hair colors has its own advantages and disadvantages. Furthermore, although it is not permanent, you need to ensure your hair is free from any damages such as heat, previous dye application or other treatment. Hair that is damaged is more porous and its color can be altered permanently by even the mild or nonpermanent hair colors. So what are temporary, demi and semi permanent haircolors?
Temporary Hair Colors and Dyes
These types of dyes and hair colors are used to create the most dramatic looks used as costumes or during special events such as Halloween. Most of the temporary hair dyes and colors will last for up to two shampoo washes. Furthermore, these nonpermanent hair colors and dyes create the least damages on your hair as they only coat the hair shafts. They are the only types of hair dye that can be used directly on hair that has been treated by various chemicals including relaxers.
If you go for temporary non permanent hair colors, you have the freedom of going for natural colors. However, most people often prefer colors, which are in very vibrant hues. Read more on temporary hair dyes and colors for insight, top brands, and much more.
Semi Permanent Hair Color and Dyes
The second type of nonpermanent hair dyes and colors are the semi permanent hair colors and semi permanent hair dyes. These are the mildest true color form that can change your hair hue or darken it but it cannot lighten it. Most of them wash out after between 4 to 8 shampoo washes. They have larger molecules of color that are attached on the hair shaft.
In terms of their composition, they do not contain ammonia and peroxide common in the permanent hair colors and this prevent them from penetrating your hair shaft. They will often give you subtler looks and they are good for experimenting new haircolor, give great shine, but as you use them continually, a buildup created can make your hair dull. You will need a clarifying shampoo before you reapply them. See more on semi permanent hair dyes and semi permanent haircolors for best brands and more insight.
Demi Permanent Hair Dyes and Colors
The last type of non permanent hair color is the demi permanent hair dye and color. This haircolor can last for much longer i.e. for up to 6 weeks and it has smaller amounts of peroxide that help in raising your cuticle to allow the hair color to adhere to the strands of your hairs. It can last for 6 to 8 shampoo washes.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
It is good for people who want to cover grey hair (50-70%) and make it lighter if you use a hair color that is lighter that your natural haircolor. It can create dramatic or sophisticated looks and enhance your haircolor. See more details on demi permanent hair dye including best brands and much more.
One challenge of using the semi and demi permanent haircolors is darkening of your hairs since these non permanent hair colors add color. If you realize the darkness is too much, you should use a clarifying shampoo to help lighten up.
Best Non Permanent Hair Color Brands – Top Brands
We have looked at the three common nonpermanent haircolors. We want not to least some of the best non-permanent haircolors and dyes you can go for. This is going to be very helpful to those who are looking for good non permanent hair colors to use. So what are these best nonpermanent hair colors?
- Clairol Natural Instincts Non-Permanent Haircolor Light Auburn 16
- Clairol Nice ‘N Easy Non-Permanent Haircolor
- Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Haircolor
- L’Oreal Healthy Look Crème Gloss Hair-Color
- Color Pulse By L’Oreal, Concentrated Non-Permanent Hair-Color Mousse
- L’Oreal Demi-Permanent Hair Color – Salon Professional Haircolor
- Garnier HerbaShine (Semi-Permanent) Haircolor
- Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color
- Manic Panic Temporary Hair dye
- Fanci-Full Temporary Hair-Color
- Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Haircolor Cream
- Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair-color by Bigen
- Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Haircolor
- N Rage Demi-Permanent Haircolor
- Clairol Professional Premium Creme Demi Haircolor
- Ion Color Brilliance Intensive Shine Demi Permanent Creme Hair-Color
- Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent Haircolor
It is practically impossible to mention all the best brands of non permanent hair colors since it includes all the semi permanent and demi permanent haircolors. However, Clairol non permanent hair color (including natural instincts and Nice N’ Easy Non-Permanent Hair Color), Garnier (HerbaShine) and L’Oreal non permanent hair colors are the most popular that come in various colors and shades.
Further Suggested Reading
- What Are Demi Permanent Hair Colors – Best Brands and How to Remove Them
- Organic hair Dyes Best Insight Including Best Brands, Henna and Natural
- Best Orange Hair Dye Brands Worthwhile Trying
- Foam Hair Color, Dye and Best Brands
- Best Brands of Green Hair Dye Including Dark, Neon, Mint, Lime and Splat
- Best Brands of Silver Hair Dye Permanent and Semi Permanent
- Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye Symptoms, Treatment and Testing
- Turquoise Hair Dye and Hair Color – Best Brands Including Atomic and Semi Permanent
- Ammonia Free Hair Color & Dye – No Ammonia or Best Hair Dyes without Ammonia
- Washable Hair Dye & Color Best Brands For Kids and Splat
- Teal Hair Dye and Hair Color Including Dark and Permanent
- Glow in the Dark Hair Dye, Gels and Color – Best Brands