What are dry heels causes? Is there treatment for extreme dry heels? This article will unearth dry heels causes. Furthermore, how to get rid of dry heels with home remedies treatments, creams and lotions.
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Dry heels are unsightly on both male and female. They leave you looking unkempt and unhealthy, which could be possible causes among others. With dry heels, summer flip-flops and sandals are no go zone as you try to hide the week points of your dry feet . There should be no shame in the dry heels to make you hide them in closed shoes or socks all the time. Instead, you should search for what causes them to dry up. Extreme dry heels could become cracked if you do not act on eliminating the dryness as soon as possible.
Cracked feet are more difficult to treat because they can be infected and you would be in a lot of pain to do even the slightest oil massage on your dry heel. Furthermore, you would have difficulties walking about or standing, because the heel fissures would not let you do so. What are the dry heels causes? This article will tackle this question and give solutions on how to get rid of extreme dry heels with various treatments.
What Causes Dry Heels – Dry Heels Caused by Things you do
While you may be quick to think that some bug causes your dry heels, you could be wrong. What causes dry heels could be things you do. The common dry heels cause:
- Walking in open shoes
- Walking barefoot regularly on hard or damp surfaces
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes that are either too flat or do not provide your heels with a stable base.
- Using harsh soaps and moisturizing products on your feet
- Failing to moisturize your heels deeply twice in a day
- Failing to exfoliate your heels
- Standing, walking or running for long hours
- Carrying heavy objects or too much body weight
Extremely Dry Heels – Very Dry Heals Health Causes
When you have very dry heals, it could be more than just what you do everyday. You could be having a health condition that needs a doctor’s attention. Some of the health causes of extremely dry heels are:
- Thyroid’s disease
- Circulation problems
- Deficiencies in nutrients of zinc, iron, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E
Rough Dry Heels Symptoms
Very dry heels may lead to fissures, which are shallow or deep cracks on the feet. They form on the side skin of the heel and the bottom of it as well. If you have rough dry heels, you may experience:
- Pain or tenderness on the fissures
- Bleeding and sometimes discharge from the cracks
- The skin on the heels gets itchy
- You will also have red and flaky patches of skin, which may seem easier to tear off. However, do not tear them off. Instead, cut them off with a pair of scissors to avoid an infection.
Dr. Scholl’s Ultra Overnight Foot Cream
The best treatment for dry heels is moisture and more moisture. This would have to be in form of foot creams. Creams unlike lotions are packed with heavy moisture. They also tend to moisturize deeply unlike lotions because they are packed with plenty of oils.
In order to find the best foot cream for dry heels for daily use, look for the following ingredients on the labels. There should be at least three or more of these ingredients. These are what most podiatrists recommend to people with dry heels:
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
- Oils such as coco butter, olive oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, emu oil etc.
- Vitamin E or any other vitamins
- Aloe Vera
- Salicylic acid, glycolic acid or lactic acid, these are AHA chemicals that help the skin retain moisture
- Urea, this is normally found in soft and supple skin, a thing that lacks on the heels. A foot cream should provide it.
Here are some of the suggested best foot creams for dry heals by podiatrists:
- Dr. Scholl’s Ultra Overnight Foot Cream
- Flexitol Heel Balm
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Dry Skin Foot Cream
- Burt’s Bees Thorough Therapeutic Hone and Bilberry Foot Cream
- Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Foot Creme
How to Get Rid of Dry Heels in 3 Simple Steps
If your dry heels have no pain, you can actually get rid of them easily at the comfort of your home. This will require a little pampering on your feet and the results will be evident eventually. For starters, you have to learn to exfoliate your dry heels.
Exfoliating dry heels without cracks should be easy when dry, invest in black emery board and file your dry heels before soaking. This will remove the excessive dead skin cells and prepare the heels to take up more moisture during and after the soak. An emery board is gentle and dust substance should drop off from your feet when you use it.
The second step on how to get rid of dry heels should involve soaking your feet. Create a foot spa at home in a large basin and pour 4-5 cups of warm water in it. Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, white vinegar is also fine. Soak your feet for 10 minutes in the vinegar solution. Remove your feet and pat them dry, while making sure to wipe in between the toes thoroughly.
The final step should involve moisturizing with a dry heel treatment and dry heel eliminator. This further adds moisture to the dry heels before getting into or out of the house. If you getting rid of dry heels in the evening do wear thick socks to sleep in them after moisturizing.
Dry Heels Masks
Treat your dry heels with foot masks that you can rinse off immediately before putting on the moisturizing. The best homemade dry heel treatment should exfoliate and moisturize at the same time.
- Mashed ripe banana mixed with mashed avocado. Apply for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Oatmeal powder mixed with jojoba oil to exfoliate once more
- Fat butter +glycerin +egg+ milk+ chopped leaf of aloe. Apply this mask for and leave it on the feet for one hour. Rinse off with warm water.
Dry Heel Eliminator
Once you have rinsed off the treatment, apply a dry heel eliminator. This should be in form of a cream or lotion. A good example of a dry heel eliminator is:
- Be Natural Dry Heel Eliminator
Home Remedies for Dry Heels – Natural Dry Heel Eliminator
You can also make a natural dry heel eliminator at home using readily available groceries. This would make the home remedies for dry heels that are inexpensive.
Dry Heels Listerine Soak
Soaking your dry heels Listerine solution is economical and will ensure that all the dry skin is removed from your feet with ease.
Natural Dry Heel Eliminator
- Mix glycerin with rosewater and apply this solution as your natural dry heel eliminator
- Alternatively soak a ball of cotton wool in freshly squeezed lemon juice. Dab the cotton ball on the dry heels. Follow this with a massage of olive oil before wearing absorbent soaks to bed.