Every woman wants to have lush eyebrows like Camilla Belle, Keira Knightley or Natalie Portman. However, if you have sparse eyebrow hairs, not all is lost. We will discuss what they are, causes, how to shape and fill sparse eyebrows and also mention something on Asian sparse eyebrows.
Very Sparse brow Hairs
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
What are Sparse Eyebrows
Sparse eyebrows mean having brow hairs that are far away from each other which could be even or uneven. For such people, there is almost an acre space between one bro hair and the next one and plucking them might even worsen. Good enough, even if you have sparse brows, with correct use of the various eyebrow makeup, you can be able to make your sparse brows to look much better.
Causes of Sparse Eyebrows
There are many causes of sparse eyebrows, most of which are closely associated with eye brow hair loss, genetics and harsh makeup use. According to Dr. Adel Rammel, Chief Scientific Officer of Indeed Labs “Thin or sparse brows can be the result of over-plucking from a young age, a medical condition, or simply hereditary,” To summarize, here is what can cause sparse brows:
- The use of some prescription medication
- Infection on your brow that can affect brow hair follicles such as Hansen’s disease (Leprosy)
- Chemotherapy and some cancer medications
- Skin inflammation such as contact dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis when they affect your brow area
- Hormonal imbalance that can disrupt normal hair growth including brow hairs
See more on causes of eyebrow hair loss and eyebrow thinning this two that can lead to this problem.
How to Fill In Sparse Eyebrows – Fix Far Spaced Brows
Eyebrow filling is not just for those with sparse ones almost every person does fill their eyebrows. If you have sparse or even thin brows, you could opt to fill them. We have details on how to fill thin eyebrows that can be of much help for those with thin brows. Are you having trouble filling your sparse eyebrows; here is how you should go about when you are particularly filling brow hairs that are far spaced.
- Comb through your brows with mascara brand or tooth brush
- Outline your brows to get the ideal shape you want. You can use a good eyebrow stencil and use a soft eyebrow pencil.
- Select the correct shade of eyebrow pencil and fill in
- Follow with brow powder using an angled eyeliner brush.
- Shape your brows afterwards. You cannot begin by shaping before filling.
- Set using your eyebrow gel or clear mascara to ensure they look great and remain in place.
Eyebrow pencil – They will create feathery strokes which mimic actual eyebrows and they are ideal in filling sparse eyebrows. Use one shade lighter and draw hair like feathery stroke in the direction of brow hair growth. See more details eyebrow pencils including best brands, how to use them, etc.
Eyebrow Powder – Some people often prefer brow powders to pencils or you can use both. They too can help fill sparse brows making them to look fuller. Use a shade matching your brow color. See more details on brow powders including best brands, how to use them and much more.
Drawn Eyebrows – Some women who have sparse eyebrow hairs often shave the eyebrows off and then draw on. This is a good idea for people who find filling eyebrows very difficult. See more on drawn eyebrows to learn how to draw on eyebrows perfectly.
Talika Eyebrow Extender – You can also try Talika Eyebrow Extender, which unlike brow powders and pencils, it has hair like fibers, which will make your few brows to look so natural once you have used it.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
Eyebrow Tattoos – As a last option, you can opt for eyebrow tattoos to help fill your sparse brows. See more details on eyebrow tattoos, costs, looks etc.
Generally, you need to go for slightly one or two shades lighter eyebrow pencil or powder and as you are filling your sparse brows. In addition, ensure you always step back a small distance from your mirror to assess your looks. To clearly know how to go about when filling sparse eyebrows, see the article on how to fill eyebrows as it will teach you tactics, ideas and much more.
How to Shape Sparse Eyebrows
The other problem that often confronts most people who have sparse eyebrows is how they can shape them. This problem is worsened by the fact that whenever you pluck one eyebrow, you will leave a larger space and this presents a great challenge to many.
However, sparse brow shaping should not present any challenge since you only need to begin by filing them before you can shape them. This will ensure you accurately shape them. See more details on how to shape eyebrows including tips, ideas and steps for men and women. You can also checkout on best eyebrow shapes to decide which is suitable for your face shape.
How to Grow Sparse Eyebrows
You have learnt how to fill and how to shape sparse eyebrows. No one wants to forever struggle filling or shaping such eyebrows. Instead, everyone wants to grow thick brows. We have discussed how to grow eye brows quickly with best tips, advice, etc. in details. Just to highlight, here is how you can grow sparse eye brows:
- Use eyebrow growth enhancers and growth products such as RapidBrow and RapidLash Serums, LiBrow, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum among many others.
- Avoid using any lotions on your brows
- Avoid overtweezing, over plucking or over waxing. Over plucked eyebrows can take months even up to years to grow back.
- Use Eyebrow conditioners such as Ravitalsh LashFood, Talika Eyebrow Lipocils Conditioning Gel etc
- Reduce aggressive makeup use as they could cause sparse eyebrows. Sometimes go without using eyeshadows or eyebrow makeup.
- Go for various home remedies for growing sparse brows such as good diets, eyebrow massages, natural oils etc.
- Grow eyebrows in rows beginning with those closest to your existing eyebrow hair and tweeze those far away. When they have grown, begin the next row.
- Use a soft baby brush, exfoliate your brow as Dr. Adel Rammel, Chief Scientific Officer of Indeed Labs note, “Exfoliating with a baby or soft toothbrush helps exfoliate the area and stimulate growth,”
- To spark faster and more growth, shave stubborn brows using a brow razor, as Natasha Johnny, esthetician at Fuzz Wax Bar in Toronto says, “One technique to try is to use a brow razor to shave the areas where you want more growth to occur. This will spark growth and make the eyebrow grow back faster.”
For more comprehensive coverage see how to grow eye brows quickly with best tips, advice, etc where much more will be covered.
Sparse Eyebrows Asian
Sparse Asian eyebrows are a common problem that our sisters and brothers from Asia have. Some of them claim that their eyebrows are hardly noticeable in sunlight and they have to fill them always. They too can benefit from the various ways, ideas, tips of how to grow thicker and fuller eyebrows discussed in details.
As you know, most Asians have black brow hairs. One of the best way they can go about is to fill them without plucking any, unless they are completely outside the ideal eyebrow shape you have chosen. If you get too harsh looks, you can use a spoolie to reduce the harshness. Generally, Asians with sparse brows can follow the above procedure on how to fill sparse eyebrows.
It is a normal temptation for Asians with sparse eyebrows or anyone else to want to use anything they find online that could help grow sparse eyebrows. However, ensure you do not use anything that can affect your eyes and the sensitive skin around your eyes.
More on Eyebrows
- Which Is the Best Eyebrow Kit To Buy – Anastasia, Milani, EFL or Which One?
- How Do You Get the Thick and Bushy Demi Lovato’s Eyebrows?
- How to Fix Bad Eyebrows with Pictures
- Fake Eyebrows for Men, Women and Cancer Patients
- Does Whoopi Goldberg Have Eyebrows or Not?
- Best Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaver Brands for Men, Women and Electric
- Best Eyebrow Gels Brands Including Clear and Tinted
- Eyebrow Brush – Best Brands Including Combs and Spoolie
- Are Shaved Eyebrows Trendy – Tips for Shaving Brows
- Eyebrow Implants Before and After Looks and their Costs
- Men’s Eyebrows – Should You Trim, Pluck, Wax or Shape Them?
- Megan Fox eyebrows – How to Get, Tutorial, before and After Pictures
- Best Eyebrow Filler You Should Give a Try
Further Suggested Reading
- How Do You Fix Overplucked Brows or Grow the Back?
- Eyebrow Hair Restoration Procedure, Cost and Looks
- Best Eyebrow Liner Brands, How to Apply Them and Semi Permanent Ones
- Are Drawn on Eyebrows Trendy or Very Horrible?
- Chola Eyebrow Looks and How to Do Them
- What Are Sharpie Eyebrows – Chola, Mexican and Pictures
- Get Sexy Eyebrows like Keira Knightley with Eyebrow Transplant Surgery
- Best Eyebrow Razor Brands and How to Use Them
- Eyebrow Shaper Best Brands and How to Use Them
- Best Eyebrow Growth Serums and Before and After Photos
- Causes and Remedies of Embarrassing Eyebrow Dandruff