Eyebrow hair loss is an unfortunate happening to many people since eyebrows help in giving your face a frame and charming looks. Imagine how you would look like without prominent features on your face such as eyebrows. You can see how funny each of the celebrities with on someone’s face. We are not talking about people who are born with naturally few eyebrows or . If you are suffering from other common skin disease such as seborrhea, contact dermatitis, psoriasis among others, expect to suffer from brow hair losses.
Alopecia Areata – Alopecia areata is not a condition that only causes scalp hair losses but also general hair loss on your body. This happens when hair follicles are seen as a germ or infection, which the immunity has to fight them i.e. an autoimmune disease. As it is fighting it, you will not have hair growth, even on your eyebrows.
Hansen’s disease – Hansen’s disease, popularly known as leprosy could cause loss of eyebrows. This condition is cause by infection of a bacterial known as mycobacterium leprae and if it affects your eyebrows region, you expect to lose some eyebrows i.e. if it affects your eyebrow skin region, a place it often afflicts, you could suffer from permanent eyebrow hair loss as ‘Tulay Cakiner-Egilmez, Ph.D., R.N’ reports in ‘Journal of the American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses’. This and other infections that can cause loss of eyebrows.
Trauma – Trauma is another cause of eyebrow loss. If you are involved in trauma in your brow area, afterwards, your eyebrows might not grow. This is more common to people who are suffering from damaged eyebrows.
Growth on Eyebrows – Some common growths on brow aresa such as warts or any unusual growth could hamper eyebrow growth. Skin growth cause a thick barrier that is shell like and it will make it impossible for eyebrows to penetrate them thus you will not have regrowth. Some of the common growths include moles, hemangiomas, seborrheic keratosis among many others.
Other conditions, which can cause eyebrow hair loss, include infection by a number of fungal infection, which are common, both on your scalp and eyebrow areas, affliction by pests such as lice, which will cause itching, and scratching. Infiltrating disorders such as scars, alopecia mucinosis, and sclerosing disorder could also cause brow hair loss. If you are heavily using any of the following drugs, they could also cause eyebrow hair loss:
- Antihypertensive – Propranolol, Clonidine, Atenolol, Captopril
- Antidepressants /Emotional Stabilizers/Psychotics – Prozac, Haldol, Lithium, Amitriptylene, Imipramine Sinequan(Doxepin),
- Seizure Medication – Phenytoin (Dilantin), Valproic Acid , Phenobarbital.
Prevention is better than cure, so they. Can you really prevent or stop losing your brows? Is there a way to prevent eyebrow hair loss? Depending on the cause, it is possible to prevent them. You need to stop the causative reason. For instance, if you have been over plucking, tweezing or threading, you need to stop it until your eyebrows have grown again. If your eyebrow loss is caused by some medications you are using, whenever possible, stop using them. However, if you are attending chemotherapy session for instance, it is not practical to stop your sessions as a ways of preventing this loss.
Another way of preventing eyebrow loss is ensuring you have a balanced diet that has all the necessary nutrients. Your diet should have many fruits, vegetable as well as lean protein. You can supplement your vitamins supply using multivitamins.
Try Eyebrow Growth Products
If you notice that your eyebrows are disappearing or becoming scarce, you should consider the various eyebrow growth and conditioning products. Some of the products that have shown changes include the following:
Eyebrow Growth Products
- . Your dermatologist will help you in deciding which skin products and soaps will be good for your skin. This way, you will be able to both treat loss of eyebrows and prevent further loss.
- Try some of the and plucking could the cause you are losing your eyebrows. If this is the cause of your eyebrow loss, you should stop plucking eyebrows and give them a chance to grow. You should also reduce vigorous use of eyebrow makeup especially eyebrow pencil.
In the meantime, as you wait for your eyebrows to grow, you can use makeup correctly to help hide the fact that you do not have eyebrows or you have very few. Correct use of brow pencil and thin brow filling can be of great help.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips
Have you ever suffered from eyebrow loss? How did you deal with the problem?