Would you like to try the best eyebrow gels? Learn more on what they are, the best brands (including Anastasia Maybelline, Revlon, elf, Dalton, Avon, and Chella), tinted and clear eyebrow gels and much more. You will also cover waterproof eyebrow gels, homemade, and how to apply gels for eyebrows perfectly.
Brows with Gel – They work well in taming your brow hairs
What Is Eyebrow Gel and What Is It Use For
An eyebrow gel is an eyebrow makeup used to keep eyebrow hairs in place (tame) i.e. it holds, sets, and helps in defining them. Furthermore, you can use this gel to in shaping your eyebrows hairs or direct them in any direction you want and it is often used as the last step of eyebrow grooming after you have trimmed and plucked (tweezed, waxed or threaded) your eyebrows.
When you use them, you will end up with thicker and enviable eyebrows. There are different types of brow gels, which include colored, tinted or clear. We shall discus each of the different types later on in the discussion. However, let us now see the best eye brow gels in the market.
Best Eyebrow Gel and Eyebrows Gel Reviews – Top Brands
When looking for the best eyebrow gels, you need to ensure they can define, hold and set your eyebrows well. Furthermore, they should be long lasting to avoid unruly brows after sometime i.e. stay put in rain, wind, sun or sweat. If they are colored or tinted, they must flatter your looks i.e. match your hair and skin color. You should not just go for any best brow gel brand since it might not suit you well.
We read many user and experts eyebrow gel reviews, saw their rating and comments in order for us to suggest to you some of the best eyebrow gel brands that are not likely to disappoint you. Our choice of the best eyebrows gels is based on their performance, versatility, cost and shelf life. So what are the best gels for your eyebrows should you go for?
- Anastasia Brow Gel Clear
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow
- Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel
- Mary Kay Brow
- Sonia Kashuk®
- NARS Brow
- Benefit Cosmetics Speed
- Ardell Brow Sculpting
- Mally Beauty Brow Beauty Brow
- elf Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
- Dalton Brow Fix Natural Look Gel Duo
- Avon – mark Brow Factor Hook Up Clear Brow Gel
- Chella Eye brow Defining
The above list of the best gels for eyebrows is not all-inclusive as there are products we have not included. Furthermore, since we do not endorse any of the best eyebrow gel brands above, ensure you know the color they come in and read various eyebrow gel reviews from users, experts as well as their ratings. This will ensure you buy the most functional product.
Type of Brow Gels and Top Brands
We have seen some of the best brow gels you can buy. As said, Anastasia Maybelline, Revlon, elf, Dalton, Avon and Chella have great products you should try. We want now to narrow down to the types where we will discuss the clear, tinted or colored, waterproof, homemade and drugstore gels. In each of these types, we are going to give you a few best brands
Clear Eyebrow Gel – Colorless Brow Gels
This refers to colorless brow gels. Clear eyebrows gel like others will help in setting, holding and defining your brow hairs. It is ideal for day-to-day use since it is not easily noticeable but they will make your brows a bit shiny and vibrant. Actually, best eyebrow gel brands are clear and if you get good clear mascara, it can do the same. In fact, some brands are using the same product for eyelashes and on your eyebrows.
If you would like to give a try these clear gels for eyebrows, you need to know the best brands to go for. Again, we did research and read many clear eyebrow gel reviews before coming with the below list. You deserve to do your independent research before buying any.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear
- Maybelline Brow Styling
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for Lash and Brow
- Avon – mark Brow Factor Hook Up Clear
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for Lash and Brow
- Damone Roberts
- MAC Brow Gel – Clear
- Prestige Cosmetics Clear
- ULTA Eye Brow Gel
- Sonia Kashuk® Brow Gel Clear
Some of the benefits of clear gels for eyebrows is that they are not likely to smudge, and they will give you the most natural looks. Let us not discuss what tinted eyebrow gels are and give you best brands of tinted eyebrow gels.
Tinted Eyebrow Gel or Colored Eyebrow Gel
Instead of just defining, holding in place your eyebrows, you can go for something that can add some color to your eyebrows. Tinted or colored eyebrows gels will do exactly that. They come in various colors that include dark and light brown, dark and light blonde, and any other color shade that will match various hair colors and flatter various skin tones that people have. Some of the tinted eyebrow gel brands might contain light reflecting particles, i.e. glittery eyebrow gels.
To anyone who would like to try the tinted eyebrow gels or the colored eyebrow gels, there are quite a number of brands, although not as many as those of clear eyebrows gels. Some of the best colored or tinted eyebrow gels to go for include the following:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel
- Sonia Kashuk® Tinted
- Paula Dorf Brow Tint Blonde
- Billion Dollar Brows Hint of Tint in Taupe
- Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel Light Brown
- James Cooper
- Kate Eyebrow Color Mascara
When buying the best colored eye brow gels, ensure they will flatter you looks. Go for a color that will compliment your skin tone and match your hair color well. Avoid going for too dark tinted eyebrow gels as they will make your eyebrows to look fake.
Waterproof Eyebrow Gels – Top Brands
Waterproof eyebrow gels are water resistant i.e. they will not smudge when you sweat or water is splashed on your face. They are ideal for humid weathers, people who sweat so much. Generally, they are long lasting. Some of the best waterproof eyebrow gels include the following:
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Waterproof Corrector
- Transparent Brow Gel Waterproof Sephora
- Semi-Permanent Waterproof Eyebrow Gel by OFRA Cosmetics
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Gel
Although waterproof eyebrow gels are much preferred, you need to know that they are much harder to remove. You will be requiring do get a good makeup remover to get them off your eyebrows.
Drugstore Eyebrow Gels
Drugstore is an online pharmacy that has a number of health and beauty products, both prescribed and non-prescribed. In America, drugstore means a retail store that sells medicine and other miscellaneous things such as makeup. Therefore, drugstore eyebrow gels mean those brands you can get in a drugstore near you. Here are the common drugstore brow gels.
- Ardell – Sculpting Gel For Brows, Clear
- Revlon Brow Fantasy – Pencil & Gel
- Prestige – BrowPerfection Gel Duo
- Black Radiance – Clear Mascara & Brow Tamer
- Tweezerman – SPA Browmousse Styling Gel for Eyebrows
Homemade Eyebrow Gels
Instead of having to buy your brow gels, you can decide to make them at home. You need to have the correct eyebrow gel recipe and follow the procedure carefully. There are resources online that can help you make your own eyebrow gels at home. Simply search on any major search engines like Google using term such as ‘DIY homemade eye brow gel’ ‘How to make your own Tinted brow Gel,’ ‘Homemade Brow Gels,’ etc and you will get lots of recipes.
One advantage of homemade gels for eyebrows is the chance to control ingredients where you can use only organic or natural ingredients making your eyebrow gel organic or natural.
For Sensitive Eyes – If you have sensitive eyes, it is advisable to go for all natural eyebrow gels such as the ones containing aloe vera.
DIY Eyebrow Gel or How to Use Eyebrow Gel, How to Apply
We have covered a lot on brow gels. It is time we look at how to use eyebrow gels or how to apply them. Since different brands have slightly different formulations, which might be sticky and thick or fluid and light, you need to be careful when applying each of these brands.
Generally, when using these gels, you need to apply them on your eyebrow brush and beginning on your inner eye corner, apply using gentle strokes outwards and upwards in the direction of your eyebrow growth for the most natural looks.
More on Eyebrows
- Which Is the Best Eyebrow Kit To Buy – Anastasia, Milani, EFL or Which One?
- How Do You Get the Thick and Bushy Demi Lovato’s Eyebrows?
- How to Fix Bad Eyebrows with Pictures
- Fake Eyebrows for Men, Women and Cancer Patients
- Does Whoopi Goldberg Have Eyebrows or Not?
- Best Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaver Brands for Men, Women and Electric
- Eyebrow Brush – Best Brands Including Combs and Spoolie
- Are Shaved Eyebrows Trendy – Tips for Shaving Brows
- Eyebrow Implants Before and After Looks and their Costs
- Men’s Eyebrows – Should You Trim, Pluck, Wax or Shape Them?
- Megan Fox eyebrows – How to Get, Tutorial, before and After Pictures
- Best Eyebrow Filler You Should Give a Try
Further Suggested Reading
- How Do You Fix Overplucked Brows or Grow the Back?
- Sparse Eyebrow Ideas – Causes, Filling, Growing and Shaping
- Eyebrow Hair Restoration Procedure, Cost and Looks
- Best Eyebrow Liner Brands, How to Apply Them and Semi Permanent Ones
- Are Drawn on Eyebrows Trendy or Very Horrible?
- Chola Eyebrow Looks and How to Do Them
- What Are Sharpie Eyebrows – Chola, Mexican and Pictures
- Get Sexy Eyebrows like Keira Knightley with Eyebrow Transplant Surgery
- Best Eyebrow Razor Brands and How to Use Them
- Eyebrow Shaper Best Brands and How to Use Them
- Best Eyebrow Growth Serums and Before and After Photos
- Causes and Remedies of Embarrassing Eyebrow Dandruff