Would you like to know how to make mascara? This guide is going to give you on the steps for making homemade mascara that is all natural and easy. You will get some basic ingredients, you need, steps, recipes or method to follow and some tips advice that will ensure your mascara is perfect. At the end of it
all, you will get a video, which will actually show the process practically.
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
If you want to make mascara at home, there are many ways you could do it. It all depends on the kind of mascara you want and the ingredients and equipments you have. You could decide to make them from scratch where you will need quite a number of things such as distilled water, emulsifiers, inorganic pigments, emollients, thickeners, preservatives, vitamins, fragrance, etc. This is not what we want to cover in this guide on how to make mascaras at ho
me. We will look at the very simple way to make mascara, which will entail the most basic ingredients and procedure.
By now, you must be eager to learn. I want to challenge you before you even get the ingredients or even the process of making mascaras. Why you do want to make mascara? Is it for knowledge or you cannot afford mascara. There are cheaper brands you could go for.
However, if your intention is making something you are certain about its ingredients, you love it that way or whatever reason, and you can go ahead and learn how to make mascara at home. It could save a lot and give you the flexibility of making what suits your needs well.
Ingredients for Making Mascara
Before we look at how to make mascara, it is important we look at the ingredients. The exact ingredients you use could slightly vary depending on what type you want to make. The most basic ingredients used to make mascara include the following:
Homemade Recipes and Steps
- Aloe Vera gel (this could be substituted by quality coconut oil or even pure petroleum gel).
- Mixing container, which could be mortar and pestle or simply a small bowl.
- Mascara wand to use for applying when you are done making it.
- Activated charcoal capsule where people who have issues with activated charcoal could go for eyeshadow powders instead of using activated charcoal.
- Baby spoon for mixing
Instead of using a baby spoon for mixing and a bowl, you could opt for a mortar and pestle, which will work well, especially if you want to ensure there are no lumps. However, if you cannot get it, you can use even a clean want to mix your homemade mascaras.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
Step for Making Mascara – Recipes and Steps
Once you have had all the required ingredients and equipments for making mascaras, you need to start the process. It is not going to take long to make mascara. Just couple of minutes and you will be done. T
- Open the charcoal capsule and empty its content into the small bowl.
- Take an equal amount of aloe vera gel and add it into the small bowl. You need to take about an eight of a tablespoon.
- Mix it using a baby spoon thoroughly until it forms an even thick gel.
- You are basically through with the process of making mascaras. The next thing you will do is to apply it you your eyelashes using a clean or new wand. The steps to follow in applying it are the usual ones you follow when using the brands normally buy. You will roll the wand on the bowl that has your homemade mascaras until they are coated and apply it on your eyelashes in a style you like. You are at liberty to apply the number of coats you need.
How to Remove Homemade Mascara
The homemade mascara you just learnt to make above is no different from the usual brands you purchase from manufacturers when it comes to removing it. You will need makeup remover and a cotton bowl. Alternatively, you could use a washcloth that has been soaked in warm water.
Making Mascara Tips, Tricks, Advices and Ideas
You have just learnt how to make mascaras that is great. I want now to give you a few tricks, advices, secrets and ideas to ensure you have a wonderful experience in using your homemade mascaras.
- The first tip is ensuring everything you are using is sterilized. This will ensure you keep any pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria at bay.
- If you are concerned with your eyes being infected, you could substitute aloe vera oil with a quality grade of coconut oil. It normally has antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial properties.
- Homemade mascara will tend to dry quickly, especially because of the wide opening that the bowl you used in making it has. It is very important to cover it immediately you are through with making it using a saran wrap i.e. a food wrap made from plastic.
How to Make Mascara Video Guide
If you would like to try it out on your own, this how to make mascara video should show you the technique to make them using activated charcoal capsule and aloe vera gel.
<iframe width=”853″ height=”480″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kC6vi2vVnk” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
For those who are skeptical about making mascara at home, they need to try before they give their skepticism. I have tried severally and I always do. I have never been disappointed.
There could be a few concerns about the use of aloe vera, which has some preservatives, as well as the use of activated carbon charcoal as it has not been approved by FDA as a safe colorant to be used for your eyes. However, to be completely safe, you could use eyeshadow powders instead of activated carbon.
Get More on Types of Mascaras
- Lengthening Mascara – Best Brands, Tips, and How to Use Lengthening Mascaras
- Fiber Mascara Review – Best Brands, Benefits, Risks, How to Apply and Remove Fibre Mascara
- Tube Mascara Review – Best Brands, Tips and How to Apply Tube Mascaras
- Falsies Mascara Review – Tips and How to Apply Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Thickening or Volume Mascara – Tips, Best Volumizing, L’Oreal Volumious and How to Apply
- Best Waterproof Mascaras –Best Brands, How to Apply and Remove Water Proof Mascaras
- Clear Mascara – Benefits, Tips, How to Apply and Best Clear Mascara
Suggested Further Reading
- How to Apply Mascara – Ingredients, Tips and How to Remove Mascara
- How to Apply Bottom Lash Mascara – Lower Lash Mascara Tips and Secrets
- Best Mascara Review – Different Types of Mascaras and their Top Brands
More on Colored Mascaras
- Best Blue Mascara – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Blue Mascara
- Colored Mascaras – Tips, Choosing and Best Mascara Colors