Learn what water proof mascara are, best waterproof mascara brands, how to apply and remove or take off, tips, ideas, and how to make them. This mascara type will let your eyelashes look better, fresher and smudge free without any form of flaking or running.
What they are
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
What Are Waterproof Mascara
Waterproof mascara as the name suggests they are a type of mascaras which other than doing their ordinary roles of darkening, thickening and lengthening you eyelashes, they do not smudge, run or get washed out by water easily. This means that theyoften last longer and this will guaranteed you better results as opposed to those that are not water proof.
Most of the best brands are made from no water formulas. If you go for water emulsion formulas of mascara, expect some them not to be as good as the ‘no water mascara formulas’. Generally, the lesser the water contained, the better its waterproof property. Among the main ingredient that is used to make them water proof is wax where different types of waxes are used and this is what makes them water proof.
When Should You Wear Waterproof Mascara?
Since they will smudge less even when you are exposed to humid condition, some water splashes on your face, if you cry or sweat so much. Here are some of the great times you should wear them:
- On a rainy day, it is good to wear water proof mascaras as you might be caught by a few drops of water, which might make your mascara to smudge or come out if not waterproof.
- If you often sweat or when you expect to sweat, especially on a hot or on a humid day
- When you are emotional i.e. if you are likely to cry, such as when you break up or at weddings, funerals etc.
- When you are at home and you are likely to come in contact with water. Most women who stay at home can take advantage they to stay pretty for longer time.
Best Waterproof Mascara – Top Brands
Who does not want them, having looked at what they are as well as some of their benefits? We have listed the longest list of some of the best waterproof mascara brands available in the market. We did our own testing, read user reviews and rating before coming up with this list of the best brands.
L’Oreal Paris Double
- Maybelline New York Great Lash
- Di`hgor Diorshow Black Out
- L’Oreal Paris Double Extend
- Dior Mascara Diorshow Waterproof Backstage Makeup
- Yves Saint Laurent Everlong
- Christian Dior DiorShow Blackout
- Mary Kay® Lash Love® Waterproof
- Maybelline New York Define-a-Lash Volumizing
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper Waterproof
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof by Lancome
- Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Custom Volume
- CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening
- Lancome Definicils by Lancome
- bareMinerals Flawless Definition
- Wet N Wild Beauty Benefits
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume
- E.L.F. Studio Line Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing
- Maybelline New York Full ‘N Soft
Other great brands include BADgal by Benefit Cosmetics, Sephora Collection, L’Oreal Paris Voluminous, Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume, among many others
If you cannot see your best waterproof mascara brands listed here, you should not be worried because the list is not all-inclusive. We reviewed just a few of the very best brands. You can give your suggestion on the best brands we did not include.
How to Apply Waterproof Mascaras – Tutorial
Armed with your best water proof mascara brands, it is time for you to try it on yourself. The good thing about mascara is that they are the easiest eye makeup to wear. You could also read on how to apply them since the procedure for applying any type or brand is more or less standard for the different types of mascaras.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
To Know How to Apply Waterproof Mascaras Watch
How to Remove Water Proof Mascara – Take Off
Revlon PhotoReady 3D
If you love it, you need to know how to remove waterproof mascara. One of the disadvantages of it has is that it is not easy to remove and you have to remove them with a makeup remover. Washing your face with only water and soap might not completely remove it. To remove it, you need to be very gently and use a cotton ball or makeup sponge moistened with a makeup remover.
When it comes to actual removal, ensure do not pull or rub as you are removing them. Removal is by dabbing or slightly presses the makeup sponge or cotton ball on your eyelashes while your eye is closed. Be very gentle and make circular motions. Eyelashes are very delicate and they can easily begin to fall off if they are pulled or rubbed firmly. People who have very sensitive skin should use both hypoallergenic water proof mascaras and makeup remover to avoid being irritated.
Waterproof Mascaras Tips, Ideas, Advices, Secrets and Tricks
How to Apply and Remove them
Other than knowing some of the best or top brands, how to apply waterproof mascara, what they are and when to wear them, here are some of the very important tips, secrets, ideas, and advices that can make a difference on your looks.
- When choosing them, you need to ensure it will not react with your skin. People who have very sensitive skins could go for hypoallergenic brands. For those who care about using natural products, they can go for organic or natural waterproof mascara brands.
- If the manufacture of your favorite brand does not supply you with a wand, it is a good idea you buy a good type, which will make application much easier. There are many different types of mascaras wands. Go for what is easy to use and gives good results.
- Before trying any of the these, carry a small test to see if you could be allergic or if it irritates your skin. This is very important since the eyelid skin is the thinnest and one of the most sensitive parts of the human skin.
How to Make Waterproof Mascaras
Are you tired of buying this or do you would like to know how you could make waterproof mascaras? Watch the video and learn how you can make any mascara to be waterproof
You definitely know what the are, how to use them and remove them. The best brands suggested are among the best and you need to grab one of them if you can.
Get More on Types of Mascaras
- Lengthening Mascara – Best Brands, Tips, and How to Use Lengthening Mascaras
- Fiber Mascara Review – Best Brands, Benefits, Risks, How to Apply and Remove Fibre Mascara
- Tube Mascara Review – Best Brands, Tips and How to Apply Tube Mascaras
- Falsies Mascara Review – Tips and How to Apply Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Thickening or Volume Mascara – Tips, Best Volumizing, L’Oreal Volumious and How to Apply
- Clear Mascara – Benefits, Tips, How to Apply and Best Clear Mascara
Suggested Further Reading
- How to Apply Mascara – Ingredients, Tips and How to Remove Mascara
- How to Apply Bottom Lash Mascara – Lower Lash Mascara Tips and Secrets
- How to Make Mascara – Ingredients, Tips and Homemade Mascaras Steps
- Best Mascara Review – Different Types of Mascaras and their Top Brands
More on Colored Mascaras
- Best Blue Mascara – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Blue Mascara
- Colored Mascaras – Tips, Choosing and Best Mascara Colors