How to remove makeup – why you, how to remove eye or face make up? You have seen the celebrities such as Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Lady Gaga, Mila Kunis, and virtually any celebrity wearing tons and tons of make up. The big question is how they remove them at the end of the day. This article on is going to help you in choosing the right remover, give you steps to followaccompanied with a video guide . Finally, it will reveal some of the very important makeup
removal tips, secrets, advises and Ideas.
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Why, How and Tips for Removing Makeup
If you are fond of using makeups, you need to ensure you know how to remove it properly. This applies to both your eye and face. People who use foundation should also ensure they have cleaned their jaw and hairlines since many people often forget to do so, leaving a lot of make up in these areas.
Why Should You Remove Makeup?
I have found many people wondering why they should remove make up before they go to bed. It is normal to run into temptation of not removing makeup before you go to bed. Even if you are very exhausted or it is very late, you must remove it. Here are some of the reasons why you must both remove and learn how to remove it properly:
- Avoid making your bedding, especially pillow dirty.
- It clogs your pore making it hard for your skin to breathe. All types block pores to some extent.
- Itcan cause skin drying, fine line and premature skin aging if not removed when going to bed. Your eye skin needs to be clean and moisturized before you go to bed.
- It can lead to skin discoloration if not removed before going to bed.
- Sleeping with it will increase allergy risks as well as infection.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many reasons as to why you must remove them before you go to bed. Let us now look at how to choose an effective make-up remover that will suit your skin.
How to Choose Best Makeup Remover
Learning how to remove makeup without using the right remover might not make a big difference. You need to know which remover you want to use. There are different types of make up removers that suit different types of skins. If you want natural, sensitive, oil free or eye, etc. you will get them. See Best Make up Removers for more insight. This guide will give you a glimpse on what to use on what or where. However, to quickly mention, some of the best brands include:
- Estee Lauder Take It Away Total
- Bare Escentuals On The Spot
- ESPA Bio-Active Eye Cleanser
- YonKa Gel Nettoyant — Cleansing Gel and
- Lush Baby Face
- Yes To Cucumbers Eye Pads
- The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
- Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye
Compare prices of various top eye concealer brands, see reviews and customer ratings before you buy any brand to be sure it will help you.
How to Remove Makeup – Steps for Removing Makeup
How to Remove Makeup – Tips for Removing Makeup
You have the right makeup remover and other skin care products which you need to use such as skin toner, skin cleanser etc. Let us now focus on the steps to follow when you want to remove make up. These are the very basic steps. People might have different techniques of doing it. That should not be a problem.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
- If you are wearing a heavy lip makeup, begin by removing it first to avoid smearing other parts of the face. However, if this is not the case, you can do it after removing your eye make-up. To remove lip makeup, put some remover on your cotton pad and swipe on your lips from corners to the center.
- The next step is to remove eye make up. You need to get a good eye makeup remover to ensure all the eye make up including eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and fake lashes come out easily. A few people often peel their fake lashes off first but this can be painful. Soak your cotton pads or balls in your remover and cover your eyes with them. Pat on top of the cotton pads until the eye make up remover has gone to the root of your eyelashes before wiping your eye to the direction of eyelash growth. Open your eyes and clean your lower eyelid off makeup in an upward direction.
- Once your eyes are clean, it is time to remove your face makeup. You should take your favorite makeup remover and apply it on a cotton pad. Begin wiping your make-up until all of it is out. Clean the outer face edges and hairline since a lot of makeup tend to collect here.
- Splash your face with warm water and using your hands, apply facial cleanser. Massage your face for at least 60 seconds in circular motions. Avoid your eye areas to avoid irritation. Also, avoid using the ordinary soaps as they can make your skin to dry. People with oily skin should use a forming cleanser (mild) while those with dry skin will be better off with a cream cleanser.
- Rise off the cleanser and remaining make up using warm water and pat your face with a clean and soft towel.
- Using a cotton swap, remove any remaining make-up on your eye, especially eyeliner at the base of your lash line and eye corners.
- To restore your skin pH and remove any makeup traces that might be in your pores apply a natural toner.
- Finally, apply your moisturizer and gently massage it into your face.
How to Remove Makeup Video Guide
To see how you can remove makeup, the Make-up Removal Video will be very handy.
How to Remove Makeup Tips, Ideas, Advises and Secrets
Splash water on your face
You are done with the process of removing make up. Because many people often commit deadly mistakes when removing their makeup, it is important to ensure you follow the below tips, warnings, ideas and secrets on how to remove it.
- If you have a normal skin and you are using an effective remover, you can skip the part of using a skin toner since it can cause skin drying by stripping away the natural skin oils. People who have very oily skins can use toners.
- People who have acne should opt for salicylic cleanser while those with oily skin to go for cleansers that form. If you have a dry skin, cream cleanser is the best option for you. Some people have very sensitive skin; ensure you use cleansers for sensitive skins. If you have a super dry skin, you should go for cleansing oil, as it will help reduce further drying of your skin before washing it off with a gel cleanser. You can afterwards wash off the gel cleanser and moisturize your skin immediately.
- Avoid using baby wipes to remove your make up since they are not formulated with the right ingredients to remove all of it from your face. I know a few people often use them and they find it ok. I discourage this because they might not remove all the make up from your face.
- Whereas you can use Vaseline to remove makeup from your face, if you are using any waterproof make up, try to go for an effective remover that will clear away it away.
- When removing it, avoid using any kind of cleanser because the area around the eye is very sensitive and might get irritated.
- Always splash your face with water before applying your mild cleanser to help cleanser foaming and therefore effective cleansing.
- It is a good idea always to leave your cleanser for a short while to penetrate your skin before rinsing it off.
You have seen the essence of removing makeup before going to bed, how to choose the correct remover and most importantly the steps on how to remove makeup. The tips, secrets, advices and ideas will further ensure you do everything the right way.
Suggested Further Reading
- Under Eye Concealer – How to Apply and the Best Under Eye Concealer
- Smokey Eye Makeup Guide – Applying or How to Do Makeup for Smoky Eyes
- Best Makeup Remover – Natural, Oil Free, Sensitive, Homemade Makeup Removers