Cream eyeshadow is easy to glide on and creates quite versatile looks. Learn on how to choose , best cream eyeshadow including palette and matte. You will also know how to apply it and some very important crème eye shadow tips, secrets and ideas that will ensure you achieve the exact look you want.
Applying Creamy Eye shadow
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Cream eyeshadow are long lasting and they will look better if they are well-applied compared to powdered eyeshadow. However, they might be a bit demanding if you want to use several hues. You need to both carefully choose and applying for true enhanced looks. You could choose from lotion like cream formulas that tend to dry quickly and leave a powdery look while if your eyelids tend to dry or you have a dry skin, going for more creamy formulation that will ensure your eyelids do not dry so much.
How to Choose Cream Eyeshadows
Cream eyeshadow, being a type rather than certain color shade come in many colors, practically all the colors that other eyeshadow come in. This therefore means you have the freedom of choosing whichever shade you want. However, you need to ensure you have chosen crème eye shadow that does not crease and has a creamy feel for easy application. Some of the crème eyeshadow are waterproof while others are not. It is generally advisable you go for waterproof if you want lasting effect and you do not want it to crease.
In addition to cream eyeshadow that does not crease, you need to choose colors that complement each other because you are likely to use more than one color shade in creating various crème eye shadow looks such as making your eyes pop, bring out your eye color and other facial features, etc.
If you are wearing your it during the day, you should go for neutral or lighter colors while creating a smoky eyes looks with darker cream eye shadows will be ideal for evenings. Finally, cream eyeshadow tend to contrast more than powder eyeshadow and this means you have to be very careful in choosing matching color shades.
Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting
The Best Cream Eyeshadows
There are many best cream eyeshadow brands in the market and it is not easy to come up with a list and claim to be the best. However, we tried, tested and read reviews on various brands before coming up with the list below. We did not concentrate on specific hues but rather brands that are highly rated.
General Best Cream Eyeshadows
- NARS Cream -Various Colors
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo
- Revlon Midnight Express – Palette
- Creaseless – Liner in Skinny Jeans
- Eye Studio® Color Gleam™
- Eye Studio® Color Tattoo® 24HR Cream Gel Shadow
- ELF Bronzed
- Mally Everclear
Best Long Lasting Cream Eyeshadow
If you want a cream eyeshadow that can last the whole day, here are some of the best long lasting crème eye shadow
- bobbi brown long-wear Various Colors Best Creme Eyeshadow
- Perfection Long Lasting
- Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting
- Bobbi Brown
- Mememe Colourama Long Lasting
- 25092 Velvet Blaze
- Chanel Riviere Illusion d’Ombre Long-Wear
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear
Best Palette Cream Eyeshadows
Going for cream eyeshadow palette is the sure of having the widest variety of creamy eyeshadow. If you need them, some of the best palette brands you should go for include the following:
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
- Revlon Midnight Express Palette
- MAC 12 color Palette 2
- Saffron 100 Colour Palette
- KRYOLAN Shimmering Vision Cream Base Eyeshadow Palette
- E.L.F. Palette
- Saffron 48 Colour Palette
Best Matte Cream Eyeshadow
If you are particularly looking for the matte, there are plenty of them in the market. Some of the best matte brands include the following:
- ELF Studio Matte Eyeshadows
- Bobbi Brown Matte Cement 19
- CARENminerals Matte
- 24 Hour Eye Studio Tattoo Cream Shadows
The above best matte cream eyeshadow will ensure you get looks that are not shimmery or metallic looking. They are good for people who do not want dramatic looks, especially during a night out.
Best Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow
Going for a waterproof cream eye shadow can ensure no color migration especially as you run your day-to-day activities where water might at times be splashed to your face. H
- Waterproof Aqua Black
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Slate
- Mally Evercolor Waterproof Trio with Brush
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘Fard Lumiere Aquaresistant’ Waterproof Cream
- Mally Waterproof Trio
- Bourjois Intensely Luminous Waterproof
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof
If you have not seen your best eyeshadow brand, you have nothing to worry about. We have only listed the few we could and there are many other great brands not included here. You could help us by listing it on the comment part.
DIY/How to make Cream Eyeshadows – Homemade
Instead buying one of the best brands we have seen, you can try to make your own. You will be surprised to learn that making homemade cream eyeshadow is actually a very simple task that can be accomplished by anyone. Your own handmade eye shadow will be free from some chemicals common in most commercial brands.
We will not to the steps on how to make these eyeshadows. We will only tell you what you need and if you need to get steps, they are similar to the ones on how to make eyeshadow at home i.e. any eye shadow.
The most important things you need to make your own at home include pigment powder, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E oil, refined jojoba oil, beeswax (white), shea butter than has been refined and mica powder. You can also use powder eyeshadow, some lotion or petroleum jelly such as Vaseline to make cream eyeshadow at home.
How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – How to Use
How to Apply using Cotton Swabs
At first, applying it might sound mission impossible, however, if you practice, you will realize it is the easiest to apply, of all the eyeshadow types. You need to first choose your best crème eyeshadow colors/brands and have them ready for application. Although most of the steps for applying it might be similar to those of applying eyeshadow as a whole, some are unique to crème eyeshadow owing their special characteristics. Furthermore, you should decide the number hues you are going to use.
The general rule is lighter hues are applied on the entire eyelid while darker ones are applied on some chosen areas depending on your facial features such as on the crease and outer eye corners. So, how do you apply cream eye shadow?
Step 1 – Preparation of eyelids
Perfect crème eye shadow looks require you to prepare your eyelids for application. This will require you to clean your face, apply an oily free moisturizer and then foundation and other makeup. Ensure your moisturizer and other facial creams have completely dried before you move to the next step.
Step 2 – Under Eye Concealer, Base and Primer
Although a few makeup artist say that you might not require a primer if you are using a waterproof formula, the truth is that you are likely to achieve better looks. You therefore should apply under eye concealer if you have any dark eye marks you need to hide, apply eyeshadow primer to create a smooth surface over which you will apply your crème eye shadow and/or apply eye shadow base to help intensify the appearance of your eyeshadow cream color. Eye primer will ensure your creme eye shadow does not crease, stays in place and lasts longer. If you do not have eyeshadow primer, you could apply a thin layer of liquid foundation of a neutral shade as it works almost as a primer.
Stop aging. Less wrinkles...Read more here »
Step 3 – Apply Cream Base Eye shadow
Cream base eyeshadow is very important in keeping your creamy eye shadow in place and last longer. This is simply means the lighter shade your main eye shadow, which you should apply on the entire eyelid. Use your eye shadow sponge while applying it and blend it thoroughly to clear any sharp edges.
Step 3 – Apply Cream Eyeshadows
Once your cream base eyeshadow has dried, you should now apply darker eye shadow crème from your eyelash to the crease on both your eyes and/or other places as inner eye corners and blend it using brushing motions from inner corners of your eyes, outwards sing your pinky finger. Although you could use a crème eyeshadow brush, your finger will work better since the heat it generated will soften the cream eyeshadow you are using. A cosmetic sponge could also be used but it is likely to create sharp edges, which must be blended. This is for those who do not want to touch their crème eye shadows.
If you want good finished look, you could apply some powder eye shadow on top on your creme eye shadow. This will give you a blended, funky, polished and nice looks. However, if you are not a professional, this is a big do not since it can create uneven and bumpy mess, especially for people who apply powder eyeshadow before cream.
Step 4 – Apply Eyeliner and Mascara
Once you have gotten the looks you need, you can apply your eyeliner and them a few coats of mascara. The exact color of eyeliner and mascara will be depended on the cream eyeshadow colors you have used.
How to Apply Cream Eye shadow Video
To help you apply it better, we have also include a video to guide you through the process. Look at the technique followed to apply it and try it if you find it good.
What we have discussed above on how to apply cream eyeshadow are the basic steps to be followed. However depending on your facial features and types of eyes you have, you could apply in different areas. For instance, people who have deep set eyes should not load a dark hue on their creases, as this will only make their eyes deeper. They should instead use a lighter hue while they highlight their brow bone to help make their eyes look shallow.
Cream Eyeshadow Tips, Ideas and Secrets
The above steps on how to apply this eye shadow are definitely very important. However to make the process much effective, the below crème eyeshadow tips, will be very important.
- If you are not able to invest in expensive crème shadow brushes, do not feel disadvantages, you can use your fingers. Heat from your finger will ensure smooth blending of crème eyeshadow. However, on the corners of your eyes, where your finger cannot reach, use a a good brush.
- It is important not to share any of your eye makeup with anyone who has eye infections and if you have any infection, you should stop using it.
- If you are using waterproof brand, it does dry fast and you need to ensure you blend quickly before it actually dries. Powder eyeshadow are much easier
- For tantalizing looks, it is good to bear in mind the color of clothing you are wearing. It should compliment your eyeshadow and not matched with your eyeshadow. Pink crème eyeshadow will for instance look well with all gray, white or black clothing while turquoise is going to be great on brunettes, red heads and blondes.
We have look at how to choose and some of the best brands you can purchase. If you follow the above tips as well as steps on how to apply cream eyeshadow, success is almost guaranteed.
Mother Nature’s Secret Way to Get Back in Shape...Read more here »
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply