Get magical and flattering looks with blue eyeshadows. Learn how to apply, put on, wear, choose best brands, and match with and other facial makeup. You can add some modern twist by blending it with metallic shades like silvery blue shade. Let us first look at how to choose a good shade.
How to Choose Blue Eyeshadow – Eye Color, Skin and Hair Color
Before we go to the details of our discussion, you need to know there are many shades of blue eyeshadow that include royal blue, deep blue, bright blue, dark blue, navy blue, etc. You eye color, skin and other facial features will influence which the shade you will wear. Not everyone can wear it. It looks best for black hair, platinum blonde, gray or brown eyed and dark skinned ladies.
In addition, it works best with brown eyes where people who have dark brown eyes. Girls who are fair skin should go for tones like ocean blue (jewel tones). If you have a darker skin tone, go for intense blue eyeshadows such as aquamarine and sapphire and use bold blue on your lower eyelid as the darkest shade you are using as your eyeliner.
Pale-skinned ladies with brown hair should use it on their lash line and will be ideal. People with green eyes can also look great in this eyeshadow but they have to go for subtle shades such as frost blue and should not wear much color. Lilacs and deep purples will still be great for green eyes.
Cool shades such as lavender and silver will be ideal with people who have pale color skins while warm color shades such as those with gold and yellow undertones will suit girls with dark skin.
When choosing the best shade, you need to know it comes in different forms (s. Let us explore some of the ways to apply this eyeshadow that are unique. However, quickly to mention the steps to follow while applying it here is what you should do:
- Clean your face and apply face makeup
- Apply eye primer (if you need under eye dark concealer you should apply it first.
- Generally, the lightest shade of blue is applied on the entire eyelid, medium or darker shade from eye crease to eye lashes.
For soft look – ideal for girls who have blue eyes, apply the lightest shade on your entire eyelid and use the deepest blue eye shadow as your upper lash line.
For bold look – You only need to graduate your shade of soft looks. You will use the deepest shade as eyeliner. Use fair blue eyeshadow shade on your entire eyelid. Finally, use the deepest shade to highlight your eye corners. People with light blue or green eyes will still look great if they follow these steps.
Smokey Blue Eyes – If you want smoky blue eyes, you will follow the steps of bold look but you need to add more drama to it. Use an eyeliner and not eyeshadow as eyeliner, apply darkest shade in your compact on your eye creases and blend to create that illusion you like. Mascara will be required for this look.
Blue Eyeshadow Tips, Secrets, Ideas and Advices
Here, we are going to discuss general ideas, tips and secrets that could transform how you look like. These tips will be very important and will open up several ways to great looks.
1. Blending It
While you are wearing it, if find it too much, you can blend with other colors to make it less intense especially using natural colors such as gray, tan, brown. They should be applied all over the eyelid and blue should applied on the eyelid creases and thoroughly blended. Unless you want to attend a 1980s party, do not apply it on your entire eyelid.
There are various ways you can use blend or use it. Using a dark blue shade just above your eyelashes and complimentary colors on the rest of your eyelid will give you a modern look while if you want to look glamorous, use light blue eyeshadow all over your eyelid and metallic tones to highlight your brows. Generally, avoid darker shades towards your brow bone as it will make your eyes recede, unless that is what you want to achieve. Darker colors are used close to the eyelashes.
As you blend your it, remember to use dark and lighter shades. Lighter shades are normally used all over the eyelid while darker shades on certain areas you want to highlight such creases. Shimmering dark blue might be good but not for all time use.
2. Use at least two blue eye shadow shades
When buying this eyeshadow, ensure you pick a lighter shade to apply on your entire eyelid and a darker shade for your eye creases, corners or as a liner.
If you do not want to buy a blue eyeshadow palette, ensure you go for a quad. This will give you four colors to use which will range from almost a white shade, light blue, deep and navy blue shades. Such a quad can create soft or expressive look, depending on how to use the colors it contains. However, this palette will definitely give you more colors to choose from.
3. For Night out
If you are going for a night function, remember to use navy blue or dark blue brands on your eye creases. Glittery and shimmery blue will still be ideal for a night out in town.
You have covered comprehensively how to choose the best blue eyeshadow that will match well with your other facial features, eyeliner and mascara. You need to invest in good quality brushes that will make application very easy. Try out various styles and variations to help create your unique look!
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply