Tips, Secrets and Best Eye Liner Type
Eyeliners can accentuate your eyelashes and define your eye shape well. Depending on how you apply them, you could achieve subtle, dramatic, sexy, elegant or charming looks. You are a few minutes away from learning how to choose the , or smokey eye looks or begin with a thin line on your inner eye corners and make it thicker as you move to the outer eye corners.
An important tip when for applying eyeliner on the upper lash line is to avoid pulling your eye so much using the index finger of the opposite hand (the hand you are not using to apply eyeliner).
Whereas pulling your eyelid slightly on the outer corner will ensure you apply it much more easily, you need to be careful since this can cause eye wrinkles. Just look intently into the mirror and apply eyeliner. If you have to lift or pull the outer edge of your eyelid, this is important for people who have hooded eyes, ensure it is gentle.
Applying Eyeliner on the Lower Lash Line
When it comes to applying eyeliner on your lower or bottom lash line, the procedure is more or less the same as the one for upper lash line. However, here are the a few things that will ensure you look perfect:
- Your chin should be down and eyes looking upwards, wide open.
- Beginning from your outer eye corner, draw a line three quarter way while tracing your lower lash line. This is done below your lower lash line and not above i.e.on the inner rim of the lower lash line. The line should be light. You can make it bolder if you need to do so. However, if you want it bold, the line should also be bolder towards the outer eye corners and thinner or faded as you come to the inner eye corner. For natural looks, you should follow the natural eye shape while lining your lower lash line.
What if I Mess ? How to Remove Eyeliner
In case during the process of applying eyeliner you mess up, you will have to clear the mess using the right makeup remover (see how to remove makeup) depending on the type of eye liner you are using. Afterwards, you will have to apply all the other eye makeup you had applied before reapplying it again.
How to Apply Eyeliner Video
If the above steps where not so much straight forward to you, this ‘how to apply eyeliner video’ should make things further clear.
Eyeliner Tips, Secrets and Ideas
The above steps are definitely very important when you want to know how to apply eyeliner. However, they are not complete unless you also know some of the tips, ideas, secrets and suggestions for applying eyeliners. This will ensure you achieve celebrity like looks since they are what essentially are going to distinguish you from any other person.
1. The first and most important tip is using the right type of brush. While many people ignore this fact and use any brush, the brush you use will affect the appearance you will acheive, especially if you are not using pencil eye liner. See some of the best eyeliner brushes
2. People with small or close set eyes should avoid thick eyeliner looks since this will make their eyes to look much smaller or closer. Use thin lines and line your waterlines with white eye liner to create an illusion of a larger eye. People who have big eyes can also line their inner water rims with eyeliners to help their eyes to look much smaller. See more on eye types we have covered and visit each to learn more.
3. Avoid applying eyeliner around your eyes i.e. circling your eyes, since you will look like a clown or as if you are wearing glasses from far away (glasses with black rims).
4. Unless you are using waterproof eyeliner, avoid lining the inner eye rims. This will cause smudging after sometime and collect on the eye corners. Furthermore, it could be very unhealthy for your eyes cornea, unless you are certain about the effect of the eyeliner type you are using.
5. Using liquid eyeliner on the upper lash line will help create a bolder look. However, when it comes to your lower lash line, go for something a bit milder like an eyeliner pencil. Most people find it easier to first sketch a line using pencil eyelinesr before tracing it with liquid eyeliners. This will be ideal for new people.
6. In case you want to smudge your eyeliner, using cotton swabs will create better looks that cotton balls.
7. When using pencil eyeliner, you might need to sharpen it at times. However, sharpening it when it still warm might make it smudge. A great way is to put it somewhere cool and after it has cooled, sharpen it. When you want to apply it, you can let it get warm to be softer.
8. When using the eyeliner pencil and you want to smudge, most of them have smudgers on the other side of the pencil eyeliner. This will work more effectively as compared to using cotton swabs or your fingers. Furthemore, the smudger is designed to ensure consistency with no broken lines or gaps.
Warnings When Applying Eyeliner
We have learnt how to apply eyeliners. It has been a long discussion. However, the following warnings must be adhered to, if you want to avoid undesirable conditions:
- Before using any new eye liner, conduct an allergy test to ensure it will not react with your eyelids. People who have very sensitive eyes should go for hypoallergenic eyeliners or eyeliners for sensitive eyes.
- Avoid sharing any of your eyeliners with your friends. This will minimize instances of eye infections. Wash your brush with makeup remover each time you use them. Finally, use it for up to three or four months. Going beyond this duration might increase chances of getting an infection, even if there is still plenty remaining.
- When sharpening eyeliner pencils, ensure they are not so sharp since they can easily scratch your eye cornea. You also need to be very careful when applying eye liner and mascara to avoid scratching your corner.
This has been a comprehensive discussion on how to choose, how to apply it and some of the important tips. We look at how to apply eyeliner both for the upper and lower lash lines. Ensure you know the warning and tips if you want guaranteed results.
Also See Popular Eyeliner Colors
- Best Eyeliner Colors – Common Eye Liner Colors
- Brown Eyeliner – Best Types, When and How to Apply Brown Eye liner
- White Eyeliner – Ways How to Use, Secrets, Tips, Advices and Best White Eyeliners
- Black Eyeliner – Best Brands, Shades, Choosing, How to Use and Apply Black Eye Liner
- Blue Eyeliner Guide – Best Brands, Tips and How to Wear Blue Eyeliners
- Best Eyeliners for Blue Eyes – What Eye Liners to Use for Blue Eyes
- Eyeliner for Brown Eyes – Best Brands, Tips and how to Apply Eyeliners for Brown Eyes
Also See Popular Eyeliner Types
- Liquid Eyeliner – How to Apply Liquid Eye Liner, Best Brands and Tips
- Glitter Eyeliner –Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How Apply Glitter Eye Liners
- Permanent Eyeliner or Tattooed eyeliner – What they Are, Benefits and Risks
- Best Eyeliners – Types and the Best Eye Liners
- Gel Eyeliner/Cream Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Cream Eye
- Kohl Eyeliner Pencil/Kajal Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Types and How to Apply Kohl Eyeliner
- Pencil Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Best Brands and How to Apply Pencil Eye Liners
- Best Waterproof Eyeliners – Pros and Cons Water Proof Eyeliners
Also See General on Eyeliners
- Cat Eye Eyeliner/Winged Eyeliner – How to Do a Cat Eye Liner and Best Looks
- Best Eyeliner Brush Reviews – How to Choose and Best Types