Gel eyeliner, also called cream eyeliner is now widely used in the public domain. In this guide, you will be introduced to them, cover best brands, pencil, tips, how to apply, wear, put them on. You will also know the pros, cons, secrets, advice for using gel eyeliner gotten from the best and finest makeup artists.
Best Cream or Gel Eyeliners
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Gel eyeliner or Cream eyeliner have been for a long time in the domain of professional makeup artists. However, they are slowly creeping into public domain. So, what are they?
Gel or cream refers to a
- Loreal Hip Creme
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear
- Inglot Matte Collection AMC Gel
- Studio Gear Invincible Gel Cream Eye Color.
- Shu Uemura Painting Liner
- Stila Smudge Pots
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof
- Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Cream
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner
- Cle de Peau Beaute Intensifying Cream
- Lancome Ink Artliner
- Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner
- Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Longwear
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place
If you cannot see your favorite brand in the list and you are wondering why it is not include, you should not worry because the above list of best brands is just a representative list and should not make you stop using what you are currently using. We neither endorse any of the above listed best gel eyeliners. Ensure you read cream eyeliner reviews, see ratings and customer feedback before you try them out. To get the best deal, compare prices of various brandsand go for what fits your pocket size. Furthermore, you will also be required to ensure you have chosen what will look best for your facial features.
How to Apply Gel Eyeliners/How to Apply Cream Eyeliner
Before we look at how to apply cream eyeliner, let us mention the things you will need beforehand:
- Gel eyeliner
- Gel eye liner brushes or applicator such as the MAC’s 208 for thin lines. Most people prefer the short angled brush since it has firm bristles.
- Tissue paper
The exact methodology on how to apply gel eyeliner may vary depending on the brand you are using. Different brands of gels behave slightly differently and each time you switch to a new one, you might be required to learn ways of using it. However, if you practice, you should be able to use virtually any type. Some of the important steps to follow when using cream eyeliner include the following:
Step 1 – Eye Makeup
The first step on how to apply gel eyeliner is applying other eye makeup. You should begin by applying the eye makeup you intend to use which will include foundation, concealer, and eye shadow before you begin applying it. You will afterwards apply mascara once you have applied your it. This is no big deal and it depends on your level of expertise.
If you are not using any other eye makeup, you should then prepare the surface by either applying a thin layer of eye foundation to make application of the eyeliner much easier or dab your eyelid skin with a damp tissue paper to get rid of any oil.
Step 2 – Applying Gel to Brush
The second step is applying it correctly on the eyeliner brush. While you hold your brush in the same way you do to a pencil, you can either press the gel to your favorite eyeliner brush tip or dip the brush into the gel depending on which type of gel you are using. Ensure there a gel coating on all the sides of your brush.
Keep Your Body Slim & Fit...Read more here »
Step 2 – Remove Excess Cream
Using your a piece of tissue paper, dab the excess gel and ensure your brush creates a pointed tip. This will help avoid any smears as you it. This step is very important for anyone who wants to achieve a professional look.
Step 3 – Apply It
While looking in a mirror, tilt your head backward slightly for the eyelashes base to be visible more clearly. Beginning from the inner corners of your eyes, you should then sweep the tip of your brush across the upper eyelashes line towards your outer corners of the eye. Some people find it easier if they slightly lift the outer corners of the eye while applying it (this might cause eye wrinkles).
While doing this, you should not blink or move your eyelashes and you have to do so until the cream eyeliner has dried completely. It takes around 30 seconds to about a minute for most brands to completely dry. Moving your eyes before the gel dries might smear it.
Repeat the process with your lower eyelashes but only on the two thirds of the outer part of your eyelashes (do not begin from inner corner of your lower eyelashes but begin about a third distance and line outwards). It is recommended you use a softer tone compared to the one you have used on your upper eyelashes.
Step 4 – Clean up any Mess
Sometimes as you are applying your eyeliner gel, there could be some messes. You should use a good brand of makeup cleanser to remove any mess. This might require you to reply your concealer, foundation and eye shadows if everything is to look great
Video Guide on How to Apply Gel Eye liner
Using Gel Eyeliner Tips, Advices and Secrets
Other than the above steps on how to apply cream eye liner, you deserve to know what actually makes makeup artists outshine you and how use cream eyeliner safely. It is not just following the right procedure that will make you successful, you need to also know the below tips, secrets and advice from some of the finest makeup artists.
- If you want a softer look, instead of using a continuous line, you should apply dots on your eyelashes base.
- Ensure your gel or cream eye liner does not get into your eyes’ rim as some gel eyeliner have the tendency of leaving specks in your eyes and this can cause irritation.
- The eyeliner should be as close to your eyelashes base as possible, in fact in between if you want solid look and a clear visible line.
- You could choose to either flick your upper eyelash line upward (create a cat eye or winged looks) or for something very natural, let it tapper.
This is how to apply gel eyeliners. You should also know that your color choice would be affected by how your eyes look like and what you want to accentuate or make look diminished. Your color choices should also compliment your eye shadow as well as your skin color.
Also See Popular Eyeliner Colors
- Best Eyeliner Colors – Common Eye Liner Colors
- Brown Eyeliner – Best Types, When and How to Apply Brown Eye liner
- White Eyeliner – Ways How to Use, Secrets, Tips, Advices and Best White Eyeliners
- Black Eyeliner – Best Brands, Shades, Choosing, How to Use and Apply Black Eye Liner
- Blue Eyeliner Guide – Best Brands, Tips and How to Wear Blue Eyeliners
- Best Eyeliners for Blue Eyes – What Eye Liners to Use for Blue Eyes
- Eyeliner for Brown Eyes – Best Brands, Tips and how to Apply Eyeliners for Brown Eyes
Also See Popular Eyeliner Types
- Liquid Eyeliner – How to Apply Liquid Eye Liner, Best Brands and Tips
- Glitter Eyeliner –Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How Apply Glitter Eye Liners
- Permanent Eyeliner or Tattooed eyeliner – What they Are, Benefits and Risks
- Best Eyeliners – Types and the Best Eye Liners
- Kohl Eyeliner Pencil/Kajal Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Types and How to Apply Kohl Eyeliner
- Pencil Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Best Brands and How to Apply Pencil Eye Liners
- Best Waterproof Eyeliners – Pros and Cons Water Proof Eyeliners
Also See General on Eyeliners
- Cat Eye Eyeliner/Winged Eyeliner – How to Do a Cat Eye Liner and Best Looks
- Best Eyeliner Brush Reviews – How to Choose and Best Types
- How to Apply Eyeliner – Tips, Secrets and Best Eye Liner Types