In this article on cat eyes or winged eyeliner, you will learn how to do, apply, wear it, some of the popular variations such as 1960s, long winged, cleoptara, colored, and a lot more. There is also a video to help you perfect your cat eyes looks.
Cat Eyes Photo Image
Your unique hair, skin and nail beauty vitamins. ...Read more here »
Going for cat eye eyeliner or winged eyeliner can add charm and glamour to your looks. You definitely must have seen how dramatic and crazily beautiful Taylor Swift and Rachel Goodwin look when they do cat eyeliners. You can also get those looks by following simple steps, which might look a bit tricky at the start, but pretty easy as you practice them.
However, before we look at how to do cat eyeliner, you deserve to know something more about this on the upper lash line beginning from your inner eye corner outwards just as you normally do when applying upper lash line eyeliners.
- To create the 1960s winged-eyeliner, take a thin pointed brush and make a line from the outer eye corner upward and outwards beyond your eye by an angle of about 45 to 55 degrees. This line should be the lower edge of your winged liner while its tip will be your wing’s liner tip and it would serve as a guide as you apply more eyeliner.
- Begin from the tip of your wing eyeliner you drew in step 3 above and apply your liner inwards to where it meets the lash line you drew in step 2. Depending on your to trace outside yourwing or using colored eyeliner to create it.
This is just an illustration of what you can achieve with the this eye makeup. There are many other variations to try out. In fact, they are limitless depending on your creativity and/or the winged eyeliner looks you want to get.
Cat Eyes Makeup or Winged Eyeliner Tips, Secrets and Advices
For the first time, you might find that understanding the process of doing cat eyes eyeliner a bit complicated. However, it will soon turn to the simplest task if you keep on practice. Some of the tips, secrets and advice you will find very important include the following:
- Beginners should opt for pencil eyeliner when creating cat eyes. Once they get experienced; they can use other types of eyeliners.
- If you are a newbie, when you have lined your upper lash line, you need to start drawing a line slanting upwards when you are halfway from your inner eye corner to the wing tip. Fill any gap made from the line you have drawn to the lash line.
- For success, you need carefully to select the brush you will be using. An angled eyeliner brush or a brush with a tapered end will be particularly important when applying eyeliner on the upper lash line or creating the cat eyes looks.
- In case you do any mistake, you use Q-tip or cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to clear places you have done mistakes. However, before you continue, you will have to apply all the other eye makeup you initially used first.
How to Apply Cat Eyes Eyeliner Video
You now have a clear understanding of what winged eyeliner is, the steps to follow to apply it and some common variations or types. You need to keep on practicing, choose good colors and follow the cat eyeliner tips, secrets and advice above. You will soon be a pro. If you have any challenge, the above video should make everything much easier.
Also See Popular Eyeliner Colors
- Best Eyeliner Colors – Common Eye Liner Colors
- Brown Eyeliner – Best Types, When and How to Apply Brown Eye liner
- White Eyeliner – Ways How to Use, Secrets, Tips, Advices and Best White Eye liners
- Black Eyeliner – Best Brands, Shades, Choosing, How to Use and Apply Black Eye Liner
- Blue Eyeliner Guide – Best Brands, Tips and How to Wear Blue Eye liners
- Best Eyeliners for Blue Eyes – What Eye Liners to Use for Blue Eyes
- Eyeliner for Brown Eyes – Best Brands, Tips and how to Apply Eye liners for Brown Eyes
Also See Popular Eyeliner Types
- Liquid Eyeliner – How to Apply Liquid Eye Liner, Best Brands and Tips
- Glitter Eyeliner –Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How Apply Glitter Eye Liners
- Permanent Eyeliner or Tattooed eyeliner – What they Are, Benefits and Risks
- Best Eyeliners – Types and the Best Eye Liners
- Gel Eyeliner/Cream Eye liner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Cream Eye
- Kohl Eyeliner Pencil/Kajal Ey eliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Types and How to Apply Kohl Eye liner
- Pencil Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Best Brands and How to Apply Pencil Eye Liners
- Best Waterproof Eyeliners – Pros and Cons Water Proof Eye liners
Also See General on Eyeliners
- Best Eyeliner Brush Reviews – How to Choose and Best Types
- How to Apply Eye liner – Tips, Secrets and Best Eye Liner Types
How do you do your winged eyeliner? Share, Advice and Warn!